cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 SysRq : Emergency Remount R/O

micschrag
Contributor IV

Good Morning,

I am working with the Freescale i.MX6 Dual Light SD processor, and have been having issues with the boot process. I have solved issues with removed components by modifying the kernel of our Android KitKat 4.4.2 OS. I have had to remove the following drivers: PCIe, V4L (removed to alleviate error messages), MAX11801, and Watchdog. The issue I am running into is that the boot seems to process correctly until the final few lines, where an emergency remount occurs and the CPUs shut down after about 8s. Furthermore, when I use it on a prototype board provided by Freescale, the boot processes perfectly fine. Here is the final lines of the boot process:

mma enable setting active
eth0: Freescale FEC PHY driver [Generic PHY] (mii_bus:phy_addr=1:01, irq=-1)

ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready

acc_open

acc_release

ehci_fsl_bus_resume begins, Host 1

ehci_fsl_bus_resume ends, Host 1

ehci_fsl_bus_resume begins, DR

mtp_open

init: sys_prop: permission denied uid:1003 name:service.bootanim.exit

ehci_fsl_bus_suspend begins, Host 1

ehci_fsl_bus_suspend ends, Host 1

SysRq : Emergency Remount R/O

EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p4): re-mounted. Opts: (null)

EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p6): re-mounted. Opts: (null)

Emergency Remount complete

imx2-wdt imx2-wdt.0: Device shutdown: Expect reboot!

Disabling non-boot CPUs ...

I have seen some suggestions that this may be due to the Watchdog Timer, but that has been disabled so that should not be the problem. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing my errors?

Thanks for your help.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

zhanghuan
Contributor I

HI, I have met the same problem. Have you solved it? can you give me some ideas?

Thanks very much

0 Kudos

zhanghuan
Contributor I

Oh, I forgot say it. I have only remove the max11801 driver, and setup a few gpios. I have no ideas about it……

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael

Device may be shutdown by internal kernel timer, not only watchdog.

This may be caused that system automatically decides to remount a mmc read-only,

that either means that: the mmc or its filesystem is broken.

In general one can debug "drivers/tty/sysrq.c" to print current task(to know who is doing.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos