How could I output 8-bit data from FRDM-K64F?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I output 8-bit data from FRDM-K64F?

Jump to solution
gloria
Contributor III

I want to output 8-bit data from FRDM-K64F. How could I do this and which module should I use? Many thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

There are a lot of options to send data to other devices. The best option depends on the another device and the throughput of data that your application needs. If you need something easy you can take a look into the UART peripheral.

Regards,
Earl.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello Qingyuan Meng,

Do you need that 8-bit data in the MCU pins or do you need to send it to another peripheral?

If you want the 8-bit data in the MCU pins you need to configure those pins as GPIO output which is pretty simple, you can see a detailed description in the post Re: Port configuration.

You can set or clear more than one pin with one simple instruction by writing in the GPIOx_PSOR or GPIOx_PCOR registers.

The FRDM-K64F has routed the port D from the pins 0 to 7 to the headers so it is a good choice.

Best regards,

Earl Orlando.

/* If this post answers your question please click over the Correct Answer button. */

0 Kudos
gloria
Contributor III

Hi Earl, I need send 8-bit data from MCU to other devices. Could I output 8-bit data from one pin or 8 pins? Many thanks!

0 Kudos
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

There are a lot of options to send data to other devices. The best option depends on the another device and the throughput of data that your application needs. If you need something easy you can take a look into the UART peripheral.

Regards,
Earl.

0 Kudos