cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temporary license

evgenykushtanov
Contributor I

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

We have problem with temporary license generate. On your site we choose freescale- softwarw & support – generate licenses then we select license applicable to product (in our case it is  8.8 CodeWarrior DS for Power Architecture, Linux Application Edition (Windows Hosted) WIN Evaluation). And then we get a message License can not be generated, it is already expired. What does it mean? And how to apply for temporary license?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

When you've downloaded an evaluation of CW for PA V8.8, a date was defined.

The evaluation is valid for 30days only.

I've never tried it on my side but I think you should get similar message when the evaluation time expired.

Is it the case here ?

I don't know without checking your account under the license data base.

You can extend an evaluation time:

How to extend my evaluation license file    

If you've problem, can you provide me more information regarding your Freescale account.

I could check in our license data base.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dorubotez
Contributor I

Hello Pascal,

I also have a problem with my evaluation license. In the "License Information" page for "CodeWarrior for HC12 Professional Edition WIN EVAL", order number "CWX-H12-PROED-EX_90052597" it says that my temporary license expires on October 07, 2016 but lately whenever I compile I get a message saying that "feature "HI100300: HC12 Compiler ANSI-C is about to expire in 2 day(s) (22-sep-2016)!". I've tried to extend the evaluation on the NXP Software&Support page but I cannot find any link that could allow me to extend the evaluation period. The posts in this thread suggest that we could extend the evaluation up to two times.

My employer is in the process of ordering a license, a very slow process due to bureaucracy, but in the meanwhile I need to continue working.

Thanks a lot,

Doru

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

for your problem, I suggest you create a case to license team for evaluation license request.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745 

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

evgenykushtanov
Contributor I

Hi,

I try to get extend my evaluation license. But always get answer CAN BE GENERATE. Then I select Order History under Software & Support in My Freescale  I saw the following:

Available Quantity

Available Licenses

Remaining Quantity

Does it mean that the license quantity is limited?

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I've never tried to extend an evaluation period.

Now via my account I've downloaded several tools evaluations.

One of them was downloaded middle of December 2014.

If I tried to get the evaluation license file I get a message saying:

License can not be generated, it is already expired

Why ?

For my understanding you can extend 2 times the evaluation period only.

So it seems we could have up to 3 months (90 days) of tool evaluation.

After the delay expired (downloaded date + 3 months) it's not possible to get the license file anymore

What 's about my example ?

I've downloaded a tool evaluation the December 14th.

So the system allows me to download a license file up to March 14th (3 months).

After this date, this evaluation is not active and can not be used anymore.

Then the tool will continue to run at Special Edition - Free version.

If you need higher code size you need to purchase the corresponding suite.

For details please have a look to the link:

CodeWarrior Suites (Bas, Stand, Pro)|Freescale

At left side select "PowerQuicc (Classic IDE)"

I've contacted colleague to have confirmation but for my understanding your evaluation period has expired.

I've access to the License Data base and could check the status of all your registrations.

To do that I just need your email address or the registration id which should be something like CWX-ARMV8-EX_61789371.

- This is an evaluation of CW for ARMV8.

Attached you will find a new temp license file.

This license will expire the July 16th.

Rename it to license.dat.

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support

0 Kudos

evgenykushtanov
Contributor I

Hi,

I know about 30 days only. The previous has been expired.

logged into "My Freescale" with my email & password, clicked  on product Code Warrior DS Power Architecture, Professional Edition in my Product list.

Then I clicked License Keys Tab. Then I saw License Information. There is no any column “Extend Evaluation”. If I try to generate I'll take message License can not be generated, it is already expired.   How can you check my account? 

0 Kudos