cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P1021- Migrating to Low speed to High Speed Spi Flash for Booting

parveen
Contributor I

Hi,

SPI EEPROM used in  the Reference schematic of P1021, (SPF-26803_D-P1021RDB-PC), has Low Period of existence. So I am moving from S25FL128P0XNFI00 to S25FL127S0XNFI00.

New part is quite higher speed of operation,Will it impact on the Booting timing?  will the processor support for this new part?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Parveen J Jayamurthy,

"New part is quite higher speed of operation", can you specify the comparison of the two part speed?

Regards

Lunmin

0 Kudos

parveen
Contributor I

Hi Lunmin,

Please go through the bellow table. We are planning to move from FL-P series to FL-S series chip.( New part is S25FL128S )

Untitled.png

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Parveen J Jayamurthy,

Sorry for late.

We do not have a chip of this flash to test. Based on the SPI flash datasheet, there is no clock frequency low limitation(DC). Therefor, at the AC characteristic point of view, there is no concern for this SPI flash interfacing with P1021.

What's you intended SPI clock speed?

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos