cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SegLCD_LDD Problem with multiple clock sources

rolfbensch
Contributor I

Hi,

after enabling a 2nd clock source for my KL46Z CPU the lcd controller stopped showing anything.

After comparing the source codes with one and two clock sources, I found out that in method "SegLCD_Init(LDD_TUserData *UserDataPtr)" the line "LCD_PDD_EnableDevice(LCD_BASE_PTR,PDD_ENABLE);" disappeared.

I need to call the disappeared method by myself, although it's an internal PEx method.

Is this a bug?

Many thanks,

Rolf

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

When you add second clock configuration into the CPU component the default state of the SegLCD_LDD component  in this clock configuration is disabled, see the following screenshot of Component Inspector (use the Advanced view):

pastedImage_2.png

The source code of the SegLCD_LDD Init method is modified. The following code is generated:

SegLCD1_SetClockConfiguration(DeviceDataPrv, Cpu_GetClockConfiguration()); /* Set Initial according speed CPU mode */

(instead of LCD_PDD_EnableDevice(LCD_BASE_PTR,PDD_ENABLE); /* Enable device */)

The SegLCD1_SetClockConfiguration() method contains the following code that enables or disables the LCD device according to selected clock configuration of the CPU:

/*

** ===================================================================

**     Method      :  SegLCD1_SetClockConfiguration (component SegLCD_LDD)

**     Description :

**         This method changes the clock configuration. During a clock

**         configuration change the component changes it's setting

**         immediately upon a request.

**         This method is internal. It is used by Processor Expert only.

** ===================================================================

*/

void SegLCD1_SetClockConfiguration(LDD_TDeviceData *DeviceDataPtr, LDD_TClockConfiguration ClockConfiguration)

{

SegLCD1_TDeviceData *DeviceDataPrv = (SegLCD1_TDeviceData *)DeviceDataPtr;

switch (ClockConfiguration) {

case CPU_CLOCK_CONFIG_0:

DeviceDataPrv->EnMode = TRUE;    /* Set the flag "device enabled" in the actual speed CPU mode */

LCD_PDD_SetClkSource(LCD_BASE_PTR, LCD_PDD_ALTERNATE_CLK); /* Set CLK source */

LCD_PDD_SetAlternateClkDivider(LCD_BASE_PTR, 0x01U); /* Set value of LCD Alternate divider */

LCD_PDD_SetClkPrescaler(LCD_BASE_PTR, 0x04U); /* Set value of LCD clock prescaler */

break;

default:

DeviceDataPrv->EnMode = FALSE;   /* Set the flag "device disabled" in the actual speed CPU mode */

break;

}

HWEnDi(DeviceDataPtr);               /* Enable/disable device according to status flags */

}

When you want the SegLCD_LDD component (LCD device) to be enabled in all (both) clock configurations you must select the "This component enabled" value in the "CPU clock/configuration selection/Clock configuration 1" property.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

rolfbensch
Contributor I

Hello Marek,

If I'm enabling both clock configurations for the SegLCD_LDD component, the LCD device stays disabled until I add "LCD_PDD_EnableDevice(..);" as first command into main.c.

Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-06-11 10_29_47.png

If I'm working with one clock configuration for the SegLCD_LDD component, the LCD device stays disabled, even if I manually switch to the active CPU clock.

Bildschirmfoto vom 2015-06-11 10_27_26.png

In both configurations I checked "Enable in init. code" and "Auto initialization".

As said in my first posting, everythig is working fine if I'm using one CPU clock. But in the meantime I need 4 cpu clock settings with disabled LCD for the 4th cpu clock.

Many thanks for your help,

Rolf

0 Kudos

marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rolf,

I have reproduced the issue and I have reported it to the Processor Expert development team. They will fix it.

Please, use the workaround you have described above in the meantime.

Best Regards,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos

rolfbensch
Contributor I

Hello Marek,

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Rolf

0 Kudos

rolfbensch
Contributor I

Hi,

The same thing happens with I2C_LDD. The device and the interrupt won't be enabled if I'm using multiple clock sources.

Cheers,

Rolf

0 Kudos