How to convert a IAR embedded workbench project to Kinetis Design Studio?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert a IAR embedded workbench project to Kinetis Design Studio?

bossel
Contributor II

Hello. I am working in a project with Kinetis CPU MKE04Z8. I started this project using IAR Embedded workbench and FRDM-KEXX Driver Library Package. Now I want to convert this project to Kinetis Design Studio. Is there any way to do this job more or less automatically? I have tried to use the Codewarrior project from FRDM-KEXX Driver Library Package but it is the same source code in both IAR and Codewarrior project as I see it? It is a tedious job to do this by hand. Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bo Liljedahl:

IAR EWARM and KDS have very different toolchains and development frameworks, so there is not an automated process to convert projects between these IDEs.

The normal procedure is to create a new project in KDS and import all the required source/header/ files from the example project you need.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------