cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSDK-1.2.0 USB example

oaf
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm trying to get a USB example to work. The example is MSD_CDC_MQX.

1. Import this workspace

...\V_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\usb\device\composite\msd_cdc\mqx\kds\dev_msd_cdc_frdmk64f_mqx.wsd

2. Project --> Build All

'Invoking: Cross ARM C Linker'

arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -Os -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall  -g -T ../../../../../../../../../../platform/devices/MK64F12/linker/gcc/MK64FN1M0xxx12_flash.ld -nostartfiles -Xlinker --gc-sections -Wl,-Map,"dev_msd_cdc_mqx_frdmk64f.map" -Xlinker --cref -Xlinker -z -Xlinker muldefs  -Xlinker --defsym=__ram_vector_table__=1  -Xlinker -static  -Xlinker --undefined=__isr_vector        --specs=nano.specs        -Wall  -fno-common  -ffunction-sections  -fdata-sections  -ffreestanding  -fno-builtin  -Os  -mapcs  -Xlinker -z  -Xlinker muldefs  -Xlinker --defsym=__stack_size__=0x4000  -Xlinker --defsym=__heap_size__=0x8000 -o "dev_msd_cdc_mqx_frdmk64f.elf" -Xlinker --start-group  ./utilities/fsl_debug_console.o ./utilities/fsl_misc_utilities.o ./utilities/print_scan.o  ./sources/composite_app.o ./sources/disk.o ./sources/usb_descriptor.o ./sources/virtual_com.o  ./board/board.o ./board/gpio_pins.o ./board/hardware_init.o ./board/pin_mux.o  ./BSP_Files/init_bsp.o ./BSP_Files/mqx_main.o  E:/Sensors/Common/KSDK/V_1.2.0/examples/frdmk64f/demo_apps/usb/device/composite/msd_cdc/mqx/kds/../../../../../../../../../rtos/mqx/lib/frdmk64f.kds/debug/mqx/lib_mqx.a E:/Sensors/Common/KSDK/V_1.2.0/examples/frdmk64f/demo_apps/usb/device/composite/msd_cdc/mqx/kds/../../../../../../../../../rtos/mqx/lib/frdmk64f.kds/debug/mqx_stdlib/lib_mqx_stdlib.a E:/Sensors/Common/KSDK/V_1.2.0/examples/frdmk64f/demo_apps/usb/device/composite/msd_cdc/mqx/kds/../../../../../../../../../usb/usb_core/device/build/kds/usbd_sdk_frdmk64f_mqx/debug/libusbd_mqx.a E:/Sensors/Common/KSDK/V_1.2.0/examples/frdmk64f/demo_apps/usb/device/composite/msd_cdc/mqx/kds/../../../../../../../../../lib/ksdk_mqx_lib/kds/K64F12/debug/libksdk_platform_mqx.a -lc -lgcc -lsupc++ -lm -lg -lnosys -Xlinker --end-group

E:/Sensors/Common/KSDK/V_1.2.0/examples/frdmk64f/demo_apps/usb/device/composite/msd_cdc/mqx/kds/../../../../../../../../../rtos/mqx/lib/frdmk64f.kds/debug/mqx/lib_mqx.a(startup_MK64F12.o): In function `Reset_Handler':

E:/Sensors/Common/KSDK/V_1.2.0/platform/devices/MK64F12/startup/gcc/startup_MK64F12.S:336: undefined reference to `_start'

E:/Sensors/Common/KSDK/V_1.2.0/examples/frdmk64f/demo_apps/usb/device/composite/msd_cdc/mqx/kds/../../../../../../../../../rtos/mqx/lib/frdmk64f.kds/debug/mqx/lib_mqx.a(boot.o): In function `_boot_loop_end':

E:/Sensors/Common/KSDK/V_1.2.0/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/core/M4/boot.S:97: undefined reference to `toolchain_startup'

E:/Sensors/Common/KSDK/V_1.2.0/examples/frdmk64f/demo_apps/usb/device/composite/msd_cdc/mqx/kds/../../../../../../../../../rtos/mqx/lib/frdmk64f.kds/debug/mqx/lib_mqx.a(dispatch.o): In function `__get_CONTROL':

E:/Sensors/Common/KSDK/V_1.2.0/rtos/mqx/mqx/source/psp/cortex_m/core/M4/dispatch.S:127: undefined reference to `_mqx_kernel_data'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [dev_msd_cdc_mqx_frdmk64f.elf] Error 1

make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ole,

I was able to test the mds_cdc demo_app with FRDM-K64F Freedom board using KDS_3.0 and KSDK_1.2.0.

I only had to update following change to usb_device_config.h header of the usbd_sdk_frdmk64f_mqx_frdmk64f project:

#define USBCFG_DEV_COMPOSITE              1//DES was 0

If you cannot get it working, I wonder if the Windows path length has been surpassed.

The Kinetis SDK v.1.2.0 Release Notes.pdf has following:

7 Known Issues

7.1 Maximum file path length in Windows® 7 operating system

Windows 7 operating system imposes a 260 character maximum length for file paths. When installing the Kinetis SDK, place it in a directory close to the root to prevent file paths from exceeding the maximum character length specified by the Windows operating system. The recommended location is the C:\Freescale folder.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

oaf
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown, :smileysad:. I have two different KSDK installations.

So I did what you suggested, I change the KSDK_PATH (C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0)

Imported this (in a new workspace):

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\usb\device\composite\msd_cdc\mqx\kds\dev_msd_cdc_frdmk64f_mqx.wsd

And all 5 projects got a red 'x' and miles of compile errors....

And yes, I've managed to compile this project for a couple of weeks ago....

When trying to compile ksdk_mqx_lib_K64F12 I got:

3568 errors

691 warnings

19 others

Something basic is just not working, example of error-message

../../../../../rtos/mqx/mqx/source/include/mqx.h:1499:1: error: unknown type name 'INT_ISR_FPTR'

extern INT_ISR_FPTR     _int_get_default_isr(void);

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ole,

please, just notice - do you compile libraries first and after that the project?

Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Ole,

it does not seem to be problem of the demo. It looks on problem with your KDS settings.

Can you execute other demo? Or it is just problem of this demo?

Just control question -

• do you really execute KDS 3.0 IDE? (Help -> About Kinetis Design Studio)

d3.png

• have you installed the eclipse update?
  • do you use new workspace for KDS 3.0 ?

It could be problem when you moved from KDS 2.0 to KDS 3.0 and could be problem with the workspace and data migration.

We can check it easy. If you go to File -> New -> Kinetis Project in KDS 3.0

type name of project, look at the location - do you use new workspace for new KDS? or do you have the same workspace like for KDS 2.0? 

d.png

and the second point, please, look at supported boards. Do you have the same boards as me?

d2.png

I hope this helps,

Iva

0 Kudos