Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SDIO version in i.MX6DQ.

Jump to solution
keitanagashima
Senior Contributor I

Dear all,

Hello.

I'd like to know the SDIO support version of i.MX6DQ.

But, I confused by below three description.

IMX6DQAEC(Rev.3) --> SDIO Card Specification, Part E1, v1.10

IMX6SDLAEC(Rev.4) --> SDIO Card Specification, Part E1, v3.0

i.MX 6 Linux Reference Manual, Rev. L3.10.53_1.1.0-ga --> SDIO 2.0 cards (so far we support SDIO v2.0

Best Regards,

Keita

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The Section 67.1.1 "Features" of the i.MX6Dual/Quad Reference Manual (IMX6DQRM) Rev.2 document states that the SD/MMC/SDIO controller hardware of the i.MX6Dual/Quad processors "conforms to the SD Host Controller Standard Specification version 3.0" and is "compatible with the SDIO Card Specification version 3.0".

Regarding the Linux SD/MMC/SDIO driver, it has been tested and verified with SDIO v.2.0 cards, but seems to never been verified with the v.3.0 cards. However, anyway, it should support the v.3.0 cards, since the v.3.0 standard is at least backwards compatible with the v.2.0 one.

Have a great day,
Artur

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The Section 67.1.1 "Features" of the i.MX6Dual/Quad Reference Manual (IMX6DQRM) Rev.2 document states that the SD/MMC/SDIO controller hardware of the i.MX6Dual/Quad processors "conforms to the SD Host Controller Standard Specification version 3.0" and is "compatible with the SDIO Card Specification version 3.0".

Regarding the Linux SD/MMC/SDIO driver, it has been tested and verified with SDIO v.2.0 cards, but seems to never been verified with the v.3.0 cards. However, anyway, it should support the v.3.0 cards, since the v.3.0 standard is at least backwards compatible with the v.2.0 one.

Have a great day,
Artur

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Keita

i.MX6DQ supports SDIO version 3.0,

from IMX6DQRM  sect.67.1.1 Features

The features of the uSDHC module include the following:

• Compatible with the SDIO Card Specification version 3.0

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------