Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find MFGTOOL?

Jump to solution
eugenevolkov
Contributor IV

Hello!

"The tar.gz file can be found with the pre-built images." - specified in -i.MX Linux User's Guide.

In "Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide" :

"One way to place an image on a device is to use the Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool. The recipes used to build a

manufacturing tool image are linux-imx-mfgtool and u-boot-mfgtool.

To build a manufacturing image do the following -

$ bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs"

I did not find "pre-built itages" in my PC.

I should run the  bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Eugene Volkov,

The pre-built images are included on a bundle. Please go to the Software & Tools section of the desired processor (i.MX6Q on the link below, for example) and under Run-time Software look for the image bundle (L3.10.53_1.1.0_iMX6QDLS_Bundle).

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Once uncompressed this bundle should contain the images_MX6.tar along with the documentation (which is also available as a different download on the processors page under Documentation)

As for the Manufacturing Tool, this is also available on the Software & Tools section under Hardware Development Tools and then Programmers. You may alternately use bitbake to compile the manufacturing tool yourself with the recipes provided on the Yocto User’s Guide which you already mentioned.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Eugene Volkov,

The pre-built images are included on a bundle. Please go to the Software & Tools section of the desired processor (i.MX6Q on the link below, for example) and under Run-time Software look for the image bundle (L3.10.53_1.1.0_iMX6QDLS_Bundle).

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Once uncompressed this bundle should contain the images_MX6.tar along with the documentation (which is also available as a different download on the processors page under Documentation)

As for the Manufacturing Tool, this is also available on the Software & Tools section under Hardware Development Tools and then Programmers. You may alternately use bitbake to compile the manufacturing tool yourself with the recipes provided on the Yocto User’s Guide which you already mentioned.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos