cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u-boot 2013.04 boot eim-nor problem

suncxun
Contributor I

hi ,

Am trying 2013.04 uboot on eim-nor ( parallel-nor ) from imx-3.10.17-1.0.0-ga-mfg-tools archive on my imx6solo (imx6dl) board ,

flashing is success but after flashing uboot doesn't come up.

What are the configuration we need to make to run uboot(2013.04) on eim-nor ?

also i tried 2009.08 uboot , it works fine on eim-nor.

Thanks.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

marcocavallini
Contributor V

Hi Sunc,

how did you flashed it? I mean how did you do the first boot?

--

Marco

0 Kudos

suncxun
Contributor I

Hello ,

Since uboot and kernel from 3.10.17 was not allowing me to enter flashing mode( some pin conflict).

I tried using uboot and uimage for 3.0.35 for first boot .

and then jumped to flash u-boot-imx6dlsabreauto_eim-nor.imx from fsl-L3.10.17_1.0.2_iMX6QDLS_Bundle and flash is success , but when dip switch to Internal boot , not even boot loader is loaded.

as below:

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="boot" body="Bootstrap" file ="u-boot-mx6dl-sabreauto-weimnor.bin" >Loading uboot.</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="load" file="uImage_3035_update" address="0x10800000"

loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" >Doing Kernel.</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="load" file="initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot" address="0x10C00000"

loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" >Doing Initramfs.</CMD>

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="jump" > Jumping to OS image. </CMD>

<!--burn the uboot to Parallel-NOR: -->

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 0">Erasing Boot partition</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="send" file="files/u-boot-imx6dlsabreauto_eim-nor.imx">Sending U-Boot</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ dd if=$FILE of=/dev/mtd0 bs=512 seek=2 skip=2">write U-Boot to WEIM-NOR</CMD>

0 Kudos