DNS Doesn't work

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Doesn't work

oussama
Contributor III

I'm using android 4.4.2 / imx6 and I'm booting it from nfs. my default gateway is properly set from the kernel command line. I can ping the google dns server 8.8.8.8 but setting net.dns1 (setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8) does not help. Dns resolution does not work. If I unplug the ethernet cable and replug it, then the dns work. what 's the issue?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please make sure that 8.8.8.8 is the only DNS server set in the system. Please doublecheck.

I mean perhaps there set some more DNS server that does not work properly.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!                                                                                       

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                            

0 Kudos

oussama
Contributor III

Yes, I checked in

getprop | grep dns

/system/etc/resolv.conf  (does not exist)

/proc/net/pnp   (exported by the kernel and contains "nameserver 0.0.0.0" but I guess it's not used by android)

0 Kudos