Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power for KEA128LEDLIGHTRD Board

Jump to solution
saya
Contributor III

Hi, All,

I just wonder is that possible to provide power suing P&E USB Multilink? or the current supplied by P&E USB Multilink is not sufficient for KEA128LEDLIGHTRD Board?

when I connect the P&E USB Multilink to the KEA128LEDLIGHTRD Board, it doesn't power up.

By the way, I am using P&E USB Multilink FX and I did connect the JP10 to 5V inside it.10 pin ribbon cable is connected from P&E USB Multilink to J2 SWD on KEA128LEDLIGHTRD Board.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

Alan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
takaoyamada
Contributor IV

Greetings,

Not only do you have to set the jumper within the multilink universal FX to determine between 3.3 and 5V, but you also have to set this feature in the software to provide power to your target. If you are using Codewarrior or KDS, please go to your debug configurations and make sure to configure your power options.

Takao Yamada

P&E Microcomputer Systems

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alan,

From P&E Multilink Universal FX technical summary, it shows USB Multilink Universal FX  can provide target power.

I need to check with P&E engineer about how to set Multilink Universal FX provide target power.

I will let you know when there with any feedback.

Thank you for the patience.

Have a great day,
best regards,

Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
takaoyamada
Contributor IV

Greetings,

Not only do you have to set the jumper within the multilink universal FX to determine between 3.3 and 5V, but you also have to set this feature in the software to provide power to your target. If you are using Codewarrior or KDS, please go to your debug configurations and make sure to configure your power options.

Takao Yamada

P&E Microcomputer Systems

0 Kudos
saya
Contributor III

Thanks Takao. I found it while editing connection setting in "Flash file to Target" window.

0 Kudos