cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to flash using kinetis design studio

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

I can debug,RUN and FLASH using code warrior development studio.But i can only use debug mode in kinetic development studio.

in project properties of KDS configuration in C/C++ build is Debug is active .there is any other option there.In codewarrior configuration c build is RAM,FLASH,debugg is there. I have doubt that in KDS no tool or settings to flash and run the code.i am using K40(kinetic kwikstik)

please tell me how to solve the problem

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

tharonhall
Contributor IV

For what it's worth, I tend to use "Debug" anyway. However, on my K22F board, I have difficulty getting it to run without actually being in the debugger. When I download flash, or disconnect, the board never runs. I have to manually press reset. While I can work with this, at least for now, it is not behavior I am accustomed to. With any Atmel development I have done, when I download code or stop debugging, the processor always resets and begins normal execution of code.

Perhaps I am missing something? I guess I could try Erich's trick and create a debug config and make it work that way.

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tharon,

Other IDE's for Kinetis have that capability to run after disconnecting but from my experience KDS does not yet.

Hopefully in future.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Hi Sir,

That means KDS has no facility to load  the code into flash and it not gives facility to RUN and KDS giving only debugging facility.Is it right ? Please tell me.Its urgent because i actually working to program k40 controller.Thank you

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

With KDS you can load the code into FLASH, and you can run it, and you can debug it.

0 Kudos

lijofrancis
Contributor III

Dear sir,

Then what is the reason it does not load flash and I can only able to debug code.There is no break points.It actually by means RUN the code .I think the code working in RAM area .Then I try to flash the .elf file generated using KDS by codewarrior .It successfully load the code into flash but not working. But .elf file generated using codewarrior able to flash and its working

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi again Lijo:

Are you still having problems loading code to KwikStik K40?

If so, please share your project with us. In any case I would like to recommend you the latest version of KDS (KDS v3.0.0):

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

Or you could still use CodeWarrior for MCU:

CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE|Freescale

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

lijofrancis
Contributor III

hello,

I tried this settings not working in kinetic design studio.I changed to different settings change but not working

0 Kudos