Available patchset for 3.19-rcX DPAA/Ethernet?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available patchset for 3.19-rcX DPAA/Ethernet?

RabbitHoleComp
Contributor II

I have attempted to adapt a patchset maintained by Canonical in conjunction with Freescale for Ethernet, against 3.19-rc2. While I've gotten it to apply cleanly with a couple of changes (mostly due to organic Kconfig changes in drivers/staging, it does not compile. Is there a current patchset for P50xx ethernet that is known to work against a more-recent (post 3.8) kernel?

[PATCH 09/27] UBUNTU: SAUCE: fsl_qbman: Add drivers for Freescale DPAA Qman & Bman

Labels (1)
2 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In the patch of your link, I read a sentence "The powerpc-e500mc flavour uses this.", while P50x0 use e5500.

You may be interested in below commit "fsl_qbman: Add drivers for the Freescale DPAA Q/BMan"

sdk/linux.git - Freescale PowerPC Linux Tree

It has been included in Freescale SDK 1.4 for QorIQ, support FMAN/BMAN/QMAN for P5020 and P5040, which based on 3.8.13. And I believe it has been tested by the team.

And some fix or updater after that in SDK 1.4:

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/ppc/sdk/linux.git/log/drivers/staging/fsl_qbman?qt=range&q=4b6...

0 Kudos

scottwood
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

They asked for something newer than 3.8.  There are SDK 1.6 and 1.7, which are based on 3.12 -- but unfortunately we don't yet have a driver available for newer kernels.

What difference does e500mc versus e5500 make to the DPAA drivers?