I'm currently trying to debug a MVME2502 with a CodeWarrior TAP but unfortunatly I am having some problems.
While using CodeWarrior Development Studio I get the error message:
Starting Power at Probe test...
Test result: PASSED
Starting IR Scan test...
Error measuring IR length
And then the debugging quits.
In your manual (CodeWarrior Development Studio for Power Architecture Processors Targeting Manual) I read that:
The error might be due to one or more of the following reasons:
• TRST stuck low: This may hold the target JTAG logic in reset, preventing any shifts
• TMS disconnected or stuck: This may prevent the target from making any JTAG
• TCK disconnected or stuck: This may prevent any state changes or clocking of data.
• TDI disconnected or stuck: This may prevent the test pattern data from getting into
• TDO disconnected or stuck: This may prevent the test pattern data from getting out
of the target.
If the test fails, then it is possible that there is a physical connection problem with the
JTAG pins, or the JTAG frequency is too high.
So i checked the conector and its working fine. I also asked Artesyn about their manual having an error (the
TDI and TDO on the COP Connector had switch places) and they replied that it was a simple missprint.
I also verified my JTAG frequency in CodeWarrior Development Studio running at 10230kHz. So hopefully
it's not the frequency running to high.
So now I'm at a loss here, I don't really know what to do next.
If I have forgotten any vital information about my setup just ask.