cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Longevity

Jump to solution
davidcermak
Contributor I

Hello, I would like to use MK60FN1M0VLQ15 and make sure it's lifecycle is about 10 yrs.

Do I understand correctly, that Freescale formally claim that lifecycle of this product > July 2011 10 = July 2021?

Source: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=PRDCT_LONGEVITY_HM

Thank you,

David.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

MK60FN1M0VLQ15 has the life cycle for a minimum period of 10 years.

Life cycles for participating Freescale products begin at the time of product launch and include the standard Freescale end-of-life notification policy (one-year notice for placement of final orders and an additional year until the last ship date).

MK60FN1M0VLQ15 launch time is about Nov. 2012, and the life cycle at least to Nov. 2022.

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

MK60FN1M0VLQ15 has the life cycle for a minimum period of 10 years.

Life cycles for participating Freescale products begin at the time of product launch and include the standard Freescale end-of-life notification policy (one-year notice for placement of final orders and an additional year until the last ship date).

MK60FN1M0VLQ15 launch time is about Nov. 2012, and the life cycle at least to Nov. 2022.

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
davidcermak
Contributor I

Hi, Thank you for your answer.

Let me ask one additional question:

Is there a plan/outlook to have 2MB flash on some future Kinetis parts?

I saw some presetations from tech-days mentioning KinetisX family, but no official info on Freescale web.

Thank you,

David.

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

So far, we don't have any updated info about Kinetis X family.

Maybe you know this info before, here just for your reference:

Freescale Plans Extreme Performance for Kinetis MCUs with ARM® Cortex®-M7 Core

About 2MB flash Kinetis device, we don't have any info.

Thank you for the attention.

best regards
Ma Hui

0 Kudos