Creating a null_IO driver

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a null_IO driver

MWMinor
Contributor V

Has anyone else tried to use the application note AN3902 to create a null_IO driver using CW10.6 and MQX4.1...?

I wanted to follow this example as a test prior to creating my own IO_driver but the version of CW in the example is clearly an old one. I wanted to do this to make sure I understood the process well enough, but clearly I don't.

Can anyone assist please..?

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos
7 Replies

matthewkendall
Contributor V
Has anyone else tried to use the application note AN3902 to create a null_IO driver using CW10.6 and MQX4.1...?

I made an IO driver in MQX 4.0.1 following AN3902 and it is still working in 4.1. I don't recall anything particularly outdated in the App Note.

0 Kudos

MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi Matthew

Could be me - things were going ok until around step 12 - copying the files into the code warrior project where there appeared to be some differences. I have used the pdf supplied by Sol and managed to create a driver file so that part of the job's done.

Thanks for the comment though...

Ken

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you, I fixed the issue, could you please try again??

Regards

Sol

0 Kudos

MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi No problem and thanks for the fix, I can now down load the pdf. I'd like to understand why in step 11 and 12 you have to copy the new driver folder into the  project initially with copy files and folders selected, then delete it and re-copy with link to files and folders selected..?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Ken

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

This is an error, in page 7 the step 11 should be

11) Select '' Link to files and folders'' and “MQX_ROOT_DIR”

Again thank you for your feedback

Regards Sol

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken,

Please check the below link, and let me know if this helps!!

How to Make a new MQX Driver

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

MWMinor
Contributor V

Hi Sol

Many thanks for the reply, but I'm having trouble downloading the link to the pdf.

This is the message I get..

pastedImage_0.png

Could you please check the file is still accessible...??

Thanks for your support

Ken

0 Kudos