/dev/ttyS0 on 547x

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/dev/ttyS0 on 547x

SteveJoiner
Contributor I
I'm using LTIB (20070107) on a 5475 board.  The default configuration is for PSC0 to be used as a console.  I've been using that for a while, and it works fine.  Now, I want to disable the console and use PSC0 as /dev/ttyS0 in my application.

I have commented out the call to register_console() in arch/m68k/coldfire/config.c.  It seems like that is all I should need to do, but I'm having a problem.  I can see that data is being received on /dev/ttyS0, but when the driver tries to transmit, no data shows up on my RS-232 port.  I can see that transmit_chars() in drivers/serial/mcfserial.c is being called once for the first character, but never gets called again.

Can anyone make any suggestions on this?  Has anyone been able to get the /dev/ttyS* devices to work with the 547x/8x LTIB?

Thanks,
Steve

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

SteveJoiner
Contributor I
I found the problem.  I was using hardware flow control (RTSCTS) on the tty.  This is implemented in the driver, but the driver isn't configuring the pins for use by the PSC.  I updated the driver to write the correct value to MCF_GPIO_PAR_PSC0 and everything seems to work fine now.

Whoever is maintaining that code will probably want to make this update as well.

-Steve

0 Kudos