MKL05Z8 Blank part in RESET Power Consumption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKL05Z8 Blank part in RESET Power Consumption

DavidLundquist
Contributor I

I will try to get some measurements done, but I was curious if there was any data on this.  I have a board with this part on it and may end up shipping some units where this function is not needed, but I'd like the power consumption to be minimal.    I could create some code to get to a low power standby, but was curious what I would see if I just held the blank "as shipped" parts in RESET. FYI, I am running at 1.80V

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Reply

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

When the device is not programmed it is in default FEI mode, but there is any code on it, this causes an illegal code detection and the systems goes to reset; this reset cycle is being repeated indefinitely. In case that the devices does not run for any reason the Watchdog will cause a reset (the watchdog runs out off a different source clock).

This is why the device current consumption is higher when is not programmed than when you write your code and send the system to wait mode for example.

But in the other if you write your code enabling some peripherals or/and a higher frequency (higher than ~22MHz FEI mode) the current consumption will be higher than when it is just resetting time after time.

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. It would be nice!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos