iMX6: SDMA external Event 0 not working? (Event 1 does)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6: SDMA external Event 0 not working? (Event 1 does)

Jump to solution
Rob_iMX6
Contributor II

Hi!

I'm working on a iMX6DL board with SDMA and external hardware events. There are two external event lines available: Event 0 on pad T21 and Event 1 on pad U24. (and their alternates)

Event 1 works as it expected:

1. set IOMUXC_GPR0[7]=1

2. set IOMUXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_DISP0_DATA17 to ALT4

3. set IOMUXC_SDMA_EVENTS15_SELECT_INPUT to DISP0_DATA17 (default anyway)

4. it is mapped to event 14 of the SDMA. Setting CHNENBL14 to the desired channel (channel 1 in my case), i.e. value 2.

5. and HO=1, EO=0 and CHNPRI1=7

-> this will let event 1 trigger my SDMA script nicely.

However, the same procedure does not work for the event 0 line. I have verified that the pin is connected (using GPIO) and that the external trigger signal arrives on the chip.

Event 0 is routed to the SDMA by setting IOMUXC_GPR0[0]=1, IOMIXC_SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_DISP0_DATA16=ALT4 and IOMUXC_SDMA_EVENTS14_SELECT_INPUT=DISP0_DATA16

The mapping should be event 2 of the SDMA. I have tried all CHNENBLn, without success.

Furthermore, I have enabled all clocks to be sure (CCM_CCGRn=0xfffffff), without success either.

Any ideas? Looks like a chip bug to me...

Regards,

-Urs

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rob

yes you are right, attached part of rev.2 i.MX6SDL Ref manual

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jial2012
Contributor II

Hi Rob:

did you solved your question? I have the same case about how to triggle the external SDMA request pins about IMX6Q SDMA_EXT_EVENT0. if you solved your  problem , please guide something help for me! thanks!

Best regards

lingjia

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rob

yes you are right, attached part of rev.2 i.MX6SDL Ref manual

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Rob_iMX6
Contributor II

Hi Igor

Thanks for the acknowledgement. Hope that we receive an updated ref manual soon!

Regards,

-Rob aka Urs

0 Kudos
Rob_iMX6
Contributor II

In the latest iMX6QD Ref manual, there is no SDMA event mapping of the external  hardware event 0 line...

well, might be the same for MX6SDL?

0 Kudos