where can we buy S12XEP...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can we buy S12XEP...

demir
Contributor I
i have little problem to buy S12XEP family... can you give me information (like adresses, links or phone numbers) about it??
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello Demir,

It's a difficult question to answer for sure.
Worldwide, you have distributors like Arrows, RS Components, Farnell and multiple others who are supposed to stock parts for customers.

Alternative are to try and order direct from freescale.com, but it is not possible for many references I believe.

Also, depending on your country and industry, you have variations or special arrangements.
For instance, companies who helped with the design of the chip will have them available more easily. And Universities who are part of the Freescale University program will also have free or discounted parts and boards...

The usual answer you will get is "Contact your local FSL sales representative", but that does not mean much, does it ?
Have you tried to find this mysterious local representative from freescale.com ?

Alban.
0 Kudos

Nabla69
Contributor V
Alban,

There is link to all distributors from Freescale homepage !

Distributor Network

Alfred.
0 Kudos

demir
Contributor I
sorry for the first message... it is not a family :/

MC9S12XEP100

MC9S12XEP768 

MC9S12XEQ512

MC9S12XEQ384

MC9S12XET256

MC9S12XEG128
these are the products that i m trying to find information about prices

0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi again Demir,

Our messages crossed each other but my reply is still valid.
The series you are referring to is the S12XE.
This is the flagship of Freescale 16-bit MCU on the 0.18µm (LL18) technology.

The only parts really available to the market today is the MC9S12XEP100.
Others are either in their late stage of development (MC9S12XEQ512, MC9S12XET256)  or not even created yet (MC9S12XEG128).

Nevertheless, the family is created to be fully compatible and share the same datasheet.
Still, I would be carefull with the ATD module which I think differs and would look at the Mask Errata Sheet to uncover any other glitch.

Prices are too much location/volume/date dependant to be placed on the Forum.

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos

demir
Contributor I
sorry for asking again but i tried all of companies and links abot them bt i didn't find it(tried digikey, findchips too)... but i didn't find anythink and i really dont know how can i find it.. :smileysad:
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Ha... You see me surprised and clueless.
Please enter a Service Request (see link in my signature) explaining you already tried usual distributors and put a like to your post to show we already investigated the usual channels.

From your freescale.com profile information, the person taking your service request should either transfer your request to sales or suggest another lead.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.
Alban.
0 Kudos

demir
Contributor I
they were great answers (thats why i rate your answers 5 point...) and when i send that message i wanted your help you know, so why you think that i see you like that... In this forum  in my opinion everybody knows you and wanted your reply to their messages (like me)... but i really tried to find it all company sites that you told me and i didn't find... thats why i tried my chance again.
Maybe somebody found info about products price and maybe they will think that "if i find it they will too and i dont need to give link...". If it will happen will you be happy??...
I will rate your reply 1 because i wasn't look like your message...

see you
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Thank you for your compliments. Be assured that the Forum is full of very skilled engineers.
You can rate messages as you want.

Calling (phone) the distributor to get the price is still the best advice you can be given.
Websites are not always up to date.

Regards,
Alban.
0 Kudos

jsmcortina
Contributor III
This is a good question. I've heard through the grapevine that these parts (and other XGATE parts) might never be orderable outside of the high volume OEM world.

Notice how on the XEP product page there isn't even a target price nor can you order samples.

I feel rather cheated that I've been able to buy a demo board (and been through the headache of porting my software from S12C64 to XEP100) but now it seems that the chip might be vapourware.

Please tell me I'm wrong...

James
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
You're wrong.

XGATE featured parts are available through distribution. For instance, the MC9S12XDP512.
That's the problem with Grapevine, they don't even try the names we gave them... :smileywink:

Farnell in the UK offers different declinations of the MC9S12XDP512.

For the MC9S12XEP100, give it time probably.
The last time vaporware was invoked on this Forum was about Flexis and Controller Continuum.
Several families are developped on that line.

Also switching from S12C64 to S12XEP100 is a big step up. I mean single core to double core, 64KB to 1MB Flash, CAN modules, much bigger RAM, bus speed trippled... S12C64 is not an old product by itself, even if its technology is not new.

I guess buyers need to show interest to their distributors for them to bother stocking. Some distributors seem not to care about small customers... That's what I thought was the job of a distributor: a huge mark-up because of storage and sold by unit.

Cheers,
Alban.

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-09-17 11:34 PM
0 Kudos

jsmcortina
Contributor III
OK, yes I agree that I can buy some of the S12XD parts from Farnell in the UK, that's a start. But what is more alarming is that Digikey (USA) don't stock them and Mouser (USA) are out of stock on most parts with an estimated delivery of January 2008.

None of those three sites above list the S12XEP part (yet?)

The grapevine I referred to is an application engineer working with Freescale, so I hold him in high regard.

My understanding was that as part of the "processor continuum" the S12X parts would still exist, but not for general consumer use. Or if they were available there would be huge lead times. So even if I can buy a few hundred S12XD parts today from Farnell, I might not be able to get any more in the future. This uncertainty is obviously a major hinderance in using that part.

Likewise the S12XEP - although I have the demo board and have written code for it, any further development seems futile as the part isn't yet orderable. So the demo board is now collecting dust. This is highly frustrating as I'd just learned the new flash scheme, had re-written the Freescale monitor code and thought I was making good progress is understanding the chip!

James

0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello James,

It is true that S12XE is not available for distribution today.
The part is not launched and therefore cannot be bought from distributors.
I understand that the launch should happen any day now.

If you are kind enough to send me, via private message, the name of the Applications Engineer, I would be delighted to discuss with him to understand what he meant first hand.
I am certain there is a misunderstanding.

Regards,
Alban.

0 Kudos

jsmcortina
Contributor III
I have heard that this device will be available in July 2008.

James
0 Kudos