Force usb flash drive to connect with 1.1 (low speed) instead of usb 2?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force usb flash drive to connect with 1.1 (low speed) instead of usb 2?

njk909
Contributor II

Is it possible to force USB devices to connect at low speed instead of USB 2?  I am trying to debug an issue where my USB flash drive randomly detaches (happens about once every 24 hours when writing to it every 100ms).  I've noticed that older flash drives seem to work for days.  I am using MQX 4.1 with an MCF52259.

Also, an independent question.  I've noticed that older flash drives seem to mount MFS directly over the flash drive (bypassing the partition manager), whereas newer flash drives mount MFS over the partition manager, even though both drives are formatted identically with FAT16.  Any idea why this occurs?  I've tried mounting MFS directly overtop the newer flash drives, but I get an error telling me that it isn't a valid DOS partition.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nathan,

A)    To Force the USB 2.0 device to connect at Low Speed this has to be done in Hardware, because it is how the specification handles it.

B)    Do you think you can have a Log using an USB Sniffer, so we can understand what is happening, is the same behavior happens if a small USB device is using

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos