cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needed help about KITUSBSPIEVME: USB to SPI INTERFACE

xdev
Contributor I

Dear All,

I want to design "USB to true EPP parallel port" project. I found similar product http://sewelldirect.com/QuatechParallelPCMCIACard.asp. Did KITUSBSPIEVME can do?

*sorry for my bad english

Regards,
 xdev
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

fernandoanaut
Contributor I

Hola, como va....?

Queria saber si habias averiguado si la placa KITUSBSPIEVME, sirve para virtualizar el puerto paralelo. Tengo que realizar un proyecto en el cual debo virtualizar el puerto paralelo por USB, y el puerto virtualizado debe soportar los modos EPP y SPP. Espero una respuesta atentamente, y desde ya muchisimas gracias. Saludos

Fernando.

0 Kudos

Tsuneo
Contributor IV

KITUSBSPIEVME doesn't satisfy your purpose, because its PC device driver doesn't provide any virtual parallel port on the PC side. The PC application accesses to the board over a custom DLL / device driver which derives from Thesycon USBIO.

What is your purpose of the virtual EPP/SPP port?

Making a custom device driver on PC side, you may get virtual EPP/SPP port on your PC. But even with this hard effort, the signal timing on the parallel port is not so well controlled by PC application. If you have a plan to connect a MCU programmer / JTAG pod to this parallel port, you'll meet with timing problems. You'd better to move to a MCU programmer / JTAG pod designed for USB connection.

If you have a plan to connect a printer or a printer-like device (for example, a CNC controller), USB printer class may work. In this topic on Microchip forum, we have implemented a USB printer device for Windows in-box Generic Printer driver.

USB printer class
http://www.microchip.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=491016

Tsuneo

0 Kudos