AnsweredAssumed Answered

Processor Expert tutorial problems

Question asked by Keith Rubow on Jul 31, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 by Jorge_Gonzalez

I have downloaded and installed Kinetis Design Studio IDE version 1.0.1 (beta), and the Processor Expert User Guide PEXDRVSPEXUG.pdf. This sounds like very powerful software. The user guide was a little overwhelming, but I was happy to see the Processor Expert Tutorial in chapter 4. The only problem is that I can't seem to get past square 1 of the tutorial. The first steps of the tutorial, and my problems, are as follows:

Create a new project:

1) In the IDE, click File menu and select New > Bareboard Project in order to create a new project. (Problem- there is no "Bareboard Project" under File->New)

3) Select Kinetis K Series > K6x Family > K60D/PK60N512. Click Next. (Problem- there is no K6x family, and no processor called K60D/PK60N512)

4) In the Connections page, P&E USB BDM Multilink Universal [FX]/USB Multilink is set as the default connection. Click Next. (Problem- there is no Connections page)

5) In the Language and Build Tool Options page, set C in Languages page. Click Next. (Problem- there is no Language and Build Tool Options page)

6) In the Rapid Application Development page, select the Processor Expert from Rapid Application Development group and click Finish. (Problem- there is no Rapid Application Development page)

In short, the tutorial in the Processor Expert User Guide seems to be describing a completely different version of Processor Expert that what I have installed, unless I am just doing something wrong. Do I have the right version of Kinetis Design Studio? Do I have the right version of the Processor Expert User Guide? I got both of these from the Freescale website just a few days ago. Where can I find some step-by-step Processor Expert tutorials that actually work with the free version of Kinetis Design Studio IDE version 1.0.1 (beta)?

Outcomes