cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device is secured

vinkar
Contributor III

Hello Friends,

I unfortunately managed to secure my device (kl04 chips). I have seen quite a few articles in which it states that the Code Warrior IDE warns the user if he is about to make such an error ( or via the component inspector). I am not using the processor expert so I guess I cannot use the component inspector.

Also, how can I unsecure my chip.

I am using the PE Multilink Universal.

Vinod.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Vinod:

How did you notice your device is secure?

The way to unsecure a Kinetis device is with a Mass Erase. However, if your KL04 is secured, CodeWarrior should ask you to erase it (a message box saying "Device is secure. Erase to unsecure?), and clicking on "Yes" usually solves it. Do you see that message?

If this does not work, try with the "Always mass erase on connect option", in the connection settings, as in the attached picture.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vinkar
Contributor III

Hello Jorge,

Thank u very much indeed for ur response.

How do I modify the connections configurations in code warrior pls.

Regards,

Vinod.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vinod:

Please refer to the attached document for the instructions.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos