Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger not showing external SRAM contents

Jump to solution
renjithvamanan
Contributor III

Hi All

We are using K60F128M CPU with external SRAM interfaced at address 0x60000000.

SRAM is working properly and I am able to store and retrieve values from the program.

But when trying to see the values loaded on SRAM in the memory view of  debugger, it just shows "?????".

Then, I modified the memory configuration file(.mem) as below to match our setup.

After that when I try to start debugging its getting timed out saying "Debugger has lost connection to the target".

Any idea about how to solve this ?

// All reserved ranges read back 0xBABA...

reservedchar 0xBA

usederivative "MK60F15"

//         Memory Map:

//         ----------------------------------------------------------------------

range      0x00000000 0x000FFFFF 4 ReadWrite    // 1024KB Code Flash

reserved   0x00100000 0x13FFFFFF

range      0x14000000 0x14003FFF 4 ReadWrite    // 16KB Programming accelleration RAM

reserved   0x14004000 0x1FFEFFFF

range      0x1FFF0000 0x1FFFFFFF 4 ReadWrite    // 64KB On chip SRAM (TCML)

range      0x20000000 0x2000FFFF 4 ReadWrite    // 64KB On chip SRAM (TCMU)

reserved   0x20010000 0x21FFFFFF

range      0x22000000 0x221FFFFF 4 ReadWrite    // Aliased to TCMU SRAM bitband

reserved   0x22200000 0x3FFFFFFF

range      0x60000000 0x6001FFFF 4 ReadWrite    // Flexbus for external memory

reserved   0x60020000 0xDFFFFFFF                      // Flexbus for external memory

reserved   0xE0100000 0xFFFFFFFF

0 Kudos
1 Solution
renjithvamanan
Contributor III

My PC was running XP and it was very slow while debugging. So I had to format and re-install the PC with Windows 7.

Now when I setup everything afresh, Ext.SRAM watch works as expected in my debug setup also.

Still the reason why it was not working is unknown, but its OK for the time being.

Thanks,

Renjith

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Renjith:

I guess this is because the Flex Bus is not configured yet when launching the debug session, so when the debugger attempts to read those addresses, it crashes.

In case this is the problem I attached a script which contains Flex Bus initialization code. Go to Run -> Debug Configurations -> (Select your connection) -> Edit -> Edit (again), and in the "Initialization" tab point to this script file. Check below:

Init_file.png

With this the debugger should be able to 'see' the external memory without hanging.

Regards!,

Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

renjithvamanan
Contributor III

Hi Jorge

Thanks for this input.

Flex Bus was not initialized in the tcl file as you guessed. But even after using your tcl file, debugger connection is losing same as before.

But when I tried my same .mem configuration file in another PC and HW board, it worked even without Flex Bus initialization in tcl file.

It worked on the first run as expected and I could view the contents of Ext.SRAM variables.

Does this hints help some how ? What could be the reason that it is not working in my debug setup?

Thanks,

Renjith

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It need to modify mem file to enable Flexbus related access memory range, such as below setting:

range  0x60000000 0x6FFFFFFF 4 ReadWrite

// Flexbus for external memory

reserved   0x70000000 0xDFFFFFFF

After that, it could see related memory contents with CodeWarrior software.

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
renjithvamanan
Contributor III

Hi Hui

As I mentioned in my original question I have done the necessary modifications to the .mem file. After that .mem file change only my debugger seems to be crashing and connection loss to it happens.

Regards

Renjith

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

If you are using CodeWarrior provided Flexbus example code? The example code located at C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\Kinetis_Examples\k40\flexbus folder.

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

0 Kudos
renjithvamanan
Contributor III

My PC was running XP and it was very slow while debugging. So I had to format and re-install the PC with Windows 7.

Now when I setup everything afresh, Ext.SRAM watch works as expected in my debug setup also.

Still the reason why it was not working is unknown, but its OK for the time being.

Thanks,

Renjith

0 Kudos