Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx 6 sdio 3.0

Jump to solution
weikeng-jimmy
Contributor III

Hi Sir,

Does the Freescale i.MX6SOLO supporting SDIO3.0 SDR104 mode ? Have any board can verify the throughput(sdio 3.0 wifi module) ?

When I transferred a package over 10KBytes or test by iperf.

We used the BCM module and using yocto kernel 3.10.17. I would like to know what are the missing keys in order to enable it correctly?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
keithchang
Contributor I

Dear,

Could you please help to update for Star Hou' question? Your help will be appreciated.

Hi sirs,

Do you mean they enable BCM WiFi SDIO3.0 with running in SDR104 mode under 1.8 signaling voltage, 208MHz SD clock and got expected throughput (i.e. 300Mbps? Maximum bus speed of SDR104 is 104MB/s)? Could you kindly share us which Freescale processor they used and the actual throughput? Thanks.

Thanks

BR

Keith

0 Kudos
jim_lin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Keith,

I think "enable the device" and "optimize the throughput" are two different things.

If the function is enabled and optimized by the customer, we can't force them to share details including the source code and test result, FYI.

Best regards

Jim Lin.

0 Kudos
starhou
Contributor I

Hi sirs,

Do you mean they enable BCM WiFi SDIO3.0 with running in SDR104 mode under 1.8 signaling voltage, 208MHz SD clock and got expected throughput (i.e. 300Mbps? Maximum bus speed of SDR104 is 104MB/s)? Could you kindly share us which Freescale processor they used and the actual throughput? Thanks.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi JIMMY

SDIO3.0 SDR104 mode requires switching to 1.8V SD signals,

which supports by Sabre-AI board. Check U508 switch

on SPF-27142. So your board also should support that.

i.MX6_SABRE_AI_DESIGNFILES

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
jim_lin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello chip,

I think the customer is using SDHC2 in this case, the SD signal of the device is running at 1.8V in the beginning(no need to switch voltage), and the basic function is working(can "ping" through this WiFi card), so supposed the hardware setting is good.

But when running stress I/O test by "iperf", there are error messages as paste, and the vendor(Broadcom) checked the code and feedback that there should be something wrong with FSL's BSP(SD stack).

the customer is asking for:

1. need comment from experts regarding the error messages

2. has FSL ever enabled SDIO3.0 devices in Linux BSP(no matter which version)?

Best regards,

Jim Lin.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jim

Shousheng Zhao already answered regarding usage of sdio 3.0,

you can ask him.

I added comments because from customer description was not clear his

hardware configuration. Other users can read this thread, so I added comments for

clarification and avoiding confusion.

Best regards

chip

0 Kudos
JasonZhao
Contributor V

Hi Jimmy,

i.MX6 series's uSDHC supports:

• 1-bit or 4-bit operation for SD3.0 and SDIO 2.0 cards (so far we support SDIO v2.0(AR6003 is verified)).

• Support SD3.0 SDR50 and SDR104 modes.

So sdio 3.0 is not supported by default,  We had the customer to enable BCM WiFi SDIO3.0 based on 3.0.35 kernel. It approved SDIO3.0 capability is fine. You can contact local support team for the issue.

0 Kudos
JasonZhao
Contributor V

Hi, Jimmy Chen

Sorry I don't quite understand your "what are the missing keys in order to enable it", can you  explain it more specifically. thanks.

0 Kudos
weikeng-jimmy
Contributor III

Hi Sir

I modify some devicetree setting for sdhc . What I need to pay attention.

// Booting log.

sdhci-esdhc-imx 2194000.usdhc: Ultra high speed SDR104

mmc0: no vqmmc regulator found

mmc0: SDHCI controller on 2194000.usdhc [2194000.usdhc] using ADMA

When I test throughput by iperf and get some error message .

mmc0: Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt.

dhdsdio_readframes: RXHEADER FAILED: -35

dhdsdio_rxfail: abort command, terminate frame, send NAK

dhdsdio_rxglom (superframe): len 0x0012, rounded 0x0080, expect 0x0c80

dhdsdio_rxglom (superframe): len 0x1580, rounded 0x1580, expect 0x0c80

dhdsdio_rxglom (superframe): len 0x0014, rounded 0x0080, expect 0x0c80

dhdsdio_rxglom (superframe): len 0x1820, rounded 0x1880, expect 0x0c80

dhdsdio_rxfail: abort command, terminate frame

0 Kudos