Why I can't create forth private message pool?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I can't create forth private message pool?

Jump to solution
lisa_tx
Contributor III

Hello,

I use TWRK60F120M, MQX 4.02 and Code Warrior 10.2.

I have used message queue for a while. I have created three private message pools and they work just fine. The first three message pools are created in three different tasks. The three tasks send messages to each other. There are two ISRs also send messages to them. Recently I want to add forth private message pool in forth task. I have faces some issue with forth message pool. I can build my project without problem. Once I load my program to the K60 board, both ISRs can't allocate messages. I have checked user_config.h file. BSP_DEFAULT_MAX_MSGPOOLS is (5L). My understand that I should not have problem. However I had tried to change it to be (8L) and rebuild MQX. It doesn't help. I have changed it back to (5L). Should I increase BSP_DEFAULT_MAX_MSGQS? Currently this is defined as (20L) and my application queue numbers are 9~19.

Anybody has experience with multiple private message pools? What else I should pay attention? Thank you in advance!

Lisa

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lisa_tx
Contributor III

I have fixed this issue. My code had an memory error which did not show false behavior when I had three message pools. It caused one task and one ISR couldn't allocate message when I created the forth message pool. I thought it caused by creating forth message pool. I was wrong. Now I have no problem to create four message pools.

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lisa_tx
Contributor III

Hello,

Anybody can answer my question? Who has tried to use multiple message pools? Is system message pool counted as one of 5 message pools? Even though system message pool is one of 5 message pool, user still can create up to 4 private message pools, right?

Thank you in advance!

Lisa

0 Kudos
lisa_tx
Contributor III

I have fixed this issue. My code had an memory error which did not show false behavior when I had three message pools. It caused one task and one ISR couldn't allocate message when I created the forth message pool. I thought it caused by creating forth message pool. I was wrong. Now I have no problem to create four message pools.

Lisa

0 Kudos