Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about FRDM-KL05Z

Jump to solution
josemartinez
Contributor III

Hi,

I just bought FRDM-KL05Z, I have some doubt, I would like to use P&E to debug my code in this board, should I make any changes on board and connect to SDA ( J3) or just connecting the P&E should it works?

Thanks

1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jose:

Not sure I fully understood your question. With P&E you mean an external tool such as a Universal Multilink? Because the on-board OpenSDA interface is also P&E.

In case you want to use an external debugging probe, I do not think you need any changes. Just plug the cable to J1 (*NOT J3*, that is for the OpenSDA K20).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
josemartinez
Contributor III

Hi,

I had a problem with the configuration now is working well.

Thanks

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jose:

Not sure I fully understood your question. With P&E you mean an external tool such as a Universal Multilink? Because the on-board OpenSDA interface is also P&E.

In case you want to use an external debugging probe, I do not think you need any changes. Just plug the cable to J1 (*NOT J3*, that is for the OpenSDA K20).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
josemartinez
Contributor III

Hi Jorge,

I tried to debug using J1 but nothing happen with it, I can't follow step by step my code. Any suggestion?

Thanks

Jose

0 Kudos
josemartinez
Contributor III

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I mean Universal Multilink, I want to debug my programs in this board. I tought that I should connect the debugger to J3 instead of J1.

Regards,

Jose