The license server is on subnet 192.168.3.x while the CW 8 clients are on 192.168.1.x. So far, the PCs can ping the server, but CW 8 reports Flexlm erro -15570, System Error: 10035.
You're using a Floating license file.
This means you've a PC defined as server.
The license file is locked on the server via disk/host ID.
The license file contains the server name or the server IP address.
In some case the server name is not working and the server IP is required.
This license file is used on the server side, via Flexlm to manage the license.
On clients there are 2 options:
A- the server license file must be place and replace the default license file under CodeWarrior installation,
B- use the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable defined with port@host or port-daemon@host (host is the server name or IP).
If you changed the server license file, the license used on client must be updated too.
I know some clients met problem when the server and client used different subnet.
There is another specific case when a VPN is used.
Following my experience I can say you
- use the IP address instead of server name,
- define a port for service,
- a port for daemon could be required too.
This is an example of a customer license issue.
Sever based in Finland and clients (all around the world: EMEA, Asia, etc ...)
The license file can be defined by:
SERVER 10.11.123.00 001234567891 27000 VENDOR metrowks port=1063 or
SERVER my_server_name 001234567891 27000 VENDOR metrowks port=1063 27000 is the port of license. 1063 is the port for daemon.
To use this license file you must define the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE by:
LM_LICENSE_FILE = 2700@my_server_name
This worked for lot of clients but not for all.
With customer we found in some case we must be define port-daemon@ host instead of port@host.
So for some clients, the environment variable was defined to
LM_LICENSE_FILE = 1063@my_server_name
For this customer, based on his network architecture we found that port@host worked for all clients used the server subnet too.
For all other clients using another subnet, the port-daemon@host was required.
Again, I don't think there is a generic answer which will be valid for all cases.
The networks architecture has a real impact.
However the solution above should solve your problem.
Hope this will help you.
The server and the clients were on the .1 subnet together and connection to server worked. Due to re-org of the networks, the server was moved to the .3 subnet, and the clients can't connect anymore even when the new server IP address was updated in the license.dat file.
Thank you for the quick reply! I forwarded a copy of your post to our IT admin.
Retrieving data ...