Can I do memory to memory DMA transfer in kinetis MCU using interrupt.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do memory to memory DMA transfer in kinetis MCU using interrupt.

Jump to solution
prakashpatel
Contributor II

Hi,

How  can I do memory to memory DMA transfer using interrupt. May be in timer interrupt I would initiate the transfer.

Prakash

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, if you mean triggering  a DMA transfer by a timer or other interrupt flag event.

I recommend to use DMAChanne_LDD component. There is a property Hardware request that you can enable and select the source of event that triggers the transfer. For example FTM_C0_DMA_Request comes from channel 0 of the FTM0 timer.

If you select it, you also need to create a timer component that initializes the timer - you can do it for example with TimerUnit_LDD where you select FTM0, period  and setup channel 0 where where you select offset and enable the DMA request in Interrupts/DMA.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, if you mean triggering  a DMA transfer by a timer or other interrupt flag event.

I recommend to use DMAChanne_LDD component. There is a property Hardware request that you can enable and select the source of event that triggers the transfer. For example FTM_C0_DMA_Request comes from channel 0 of the FTM0 timer.

If you select it, you also need to create a timer component that initializes the timer - you can do it for example with TimerUnit_LDD where you select FTM0, period  and setup channel 0 where where you select offset and enable the DMA request in Interrupts/DMA.

Best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos