How do I add the fftw package to my rootfs build using QorIQ SDK V1.4?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add the fftw package to my rootfs build using QorIQ SDK V1.4?

kilrbz
Contributor I

Hi All,

I have a T4240QDS system that I'm trying to run some FFTs on.  I have downloaded and set up the QorIQ SDK version 1.4 and I have successfully built and loaded a rootfs.  I used the fsl-image-core as a basis and added a few packages.  I'm having some trouble adding the fftw package.  The process I followed is:

Run: bitbake fftw to build the package - succeeds

Modify my fsl image recipe file to include fftw

Run bitbake fsl image - also succeeds

When I load the image onto the T4240QDS system, I can't find the fftw header file.  I can see it here:

/build_t4240qds-64b_release/tmp/sysroots/t4240qds-64b/usr/include/fftw3.h

But it doesn't seem to get into my rootfs.  Also, I installed the fsl-toolchain, but when I try to use its compiler to build a simple fftw application, it tells me it can't find the header file.  I'll admit, I don't fully understand how the toolchain is supposed to work, so perhaps I'm just doing something wrong.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please add the following sentences into the file meta-oe/meta-oe/recipes-support/fftw/fftw.inc.

PACKAGES =+ "header${PN}"

FILES_header${PN} = "/usr/include/*.h"

Then run the following command, and rebuild the rootfs image, header files will be packaged into rootfs filesystem.

bitbake fftw -c package -f

About the SDK provided Toolchain, please refer to the environment script environment-setup-<arch>-fsl_networking-linux-gnuspe, you could specify the sysroot path as build_t4240qds-64b_release/tmp/sysroots/ in your Yocto build environment.

0 Kudos

kilrbz
Contributor I

Hi Yiping,

Thank you for your reply.  I modified the fftw.inc file as you suggested (see below).  I then ran fitbake fftw-c package -f and followed that by rebuilding the rootfs, but I still don't seem to have the header files.  I tried moving the header lines to the bottom of the fftw.inc file and also several different paths for /usr/include/*.h, but nothing seemed to make a difference.  If you have any other suggestions I would be happy to try them.

Thank you.

DESCRIPTION = "FFTW"

SECTION = "libs"

LICENSE = "GPLv2"

LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://COPYING;md5=59530bdf33659b29e73d4adb9f9f6552"

RPROVIDES_${PN} += "libfftw3"

SRC_URI = "http://www.fftw.org/fftw-${PV}.tar.gz"

S = "${WORKDIR}/fftw-${PV}"

PACKAGES =+ "header${PN}"

FILES_header${PN} = "/usr/include/*.h"

inherit autotools pkgconfig

do_configure_prepend() {