AnsweredAssumed Answered

L3.0.35-4.0.0 Ubuntu Upgrade to Version 12.04 - Issues

Question asked by Paul DeMetrotion on Oct 10, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2014 by li yu

I am currently working on a custom i.MX6 SBC that is stable. The current O/S is Ubuntu 11.10 which is provided by Freescale in the ubuntu_oneiric_4.0.0.tgz file. The O/S is also stable and runs well on our platform. It is our desire to provide version 12.04 since it is an LTS. I went through the entire upgrade process and everything appears fine. The new version boots and runs well. I am having multi-media issues with the Vivante driver and HDMI audio.

Initially the Vivante module would not load due to ABI issues. The Xorg.0.log error message is

[    18.170] (II) LoadModule: "vivante"

[    18.171] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vivante_drv.so

[    18.253] (II) Module vivante: vendor="X.Org Foundation"

[    18.254]    compiled for 1.10.4, module version = 1.0.0

[    18.254]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 10.0

[    18.254] (EE) module ABI major version (10) doesn't match the server's version (11)

[    18.254] (II) UnloadModule: "vivante"

[    18.254] (II) Unloading vivante

[    18.254] (EE) Failed to load module "vivante" (module requirement mismatch,0)

I was able to eliminate this issue by adding the following to the xorg.conf file. But I do not know if this really fixes any issues due to the mismatch in ABI versions.

Section "Server Flags"

Option     "IgnoreABI"

EndSection

The HDMI audio playback has some reverb that I cannot eliminate. The same audio played back through the SGTL5000 CODEC does not have the reverb. When I play HDMI audio through the aplay command, I do not get the reverb.

When I attempt to play video with the gstreamer, I get the following error messages. I am using the same command lines that work on the 11.10 version. If anybody has any insight, it would be appreciated. I know that Freescale does not support 12.04 so don't know what they can do to help.

root@linaro-ubuntu-desktop:~# gst-launch -v playbin2 uri=file:///home/linaro/Videos/big_buck_bunny_720p_surround.avi video-sink="mfw_v4lsink device=/dev/video16" audio-sink="alsasink device=plughw:0"

(gst-launch-0.10:4232): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libmfw_gst_v4lsink.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libmfw_gst_v4lsink.so: undefined symbol: gst_debug_log2
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not set property "video-sink" in element "playbin20" to "mfw_v4lsink device=/dev/video16"

Outcomes