L3.0.35-4.0.0 Ubuntu Upgrade to Version 12.04 - Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L3.0.35-4.0.0 Ubuntu Upgrade to Version 12.04 - Issues

PaulDeMetrotion
Senior Contributor I

I am currently working on a custom i.MX6 SBC that is stable. The current O/S is Ubuntu 11.10 which is provided by Freescale in the ubuntu_oneiric_4.0.0.tgz file. The O/S is also stable and runs well on our platform. It is our desire to provide version 12.04 since it is an LTS. I went through the entire upgrade process and everything appears fine. The new version boots and runs well. I am having multi-media issues with the Vivante driver and HDMI audio.

Initially the Vivante module would not load due to ABI issues. The Xorg.0.log error message is

[    18.170] (II) LoadModule: "vivante"

[    18.171] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vivante_drv.so

[    18.253] (II) Module vivante: vendor="X.Org Foundation"

[    18.254]    compiled for 1.10.4, module version = 1.0.0

[    18.254]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 10.0

[    18.254] (EE) module ABI major version (10) doesn't match the server's version (11)

[    18.254] (II) UnloadModule: "vivante"

[    18.254] (II) Unloading vivante

[    18.254] (EE) Failed to load module "vivante" (module requirement mismatch,0)

I was able to eliminate this issue by adding the following to the xorg.conf file. But I do not know if this really fixes any issues due to the mismatch in ABI versions.

Section "Server Flags"

Option     "IgnoreABI"

EndSection

The HDMI audio playback has some reverb that I cannot eliminate. The same audio played back through the SGTL5000 CODEC does not have the reverb. When I play HDMI audio through the aplay command, I do not get the reverb.

When I attempt to play video with the gstreamer, I get the following error messages. I am using the same command lines that work on the 11.10 version. If anybody has any insight, it would be appreciated. I know that Freescale does not support 12.04 so don't know what they can do to help.

root@linaro-ubuntu-desktop:~# gst-launch -v playbin2 uri=file:///home/linaro/Videos/big_buck_bunny_720p_surround.avi video-sink="mfw_v4lsink device=/dev/video16" audio-sink="alsasink device=plughw:0"

(gst-launch-0.10:4232): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libmfw_gst_v4lsink.so': /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libmfw_gst_v4lsink.so: undefined symbol: gst_debug_log2
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not set property "video-sink" in element "playbin20" to "mfw_v4lsink device=/dev/video16"

0 Kudos
5 Replies

liyu1
Contributor III

HI:

I also encountered the same problem, I want to upgrade to 12.04, please tell me how to solve  ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

mtx512
Contributor V

Hi,

I created a 12.04 build (armel) which has working GPU/VPU support, the rootfs is available from here , just need to plug-in your kernel and uboot. More info on the blog

0 Kudos

turtlejet
Contributor I

Hi,

Could you please tell me, why didn't you made armhf linux?

0 Kudos

mtx512
Contributor V

Hi,

Some armhf rootfs on the blog that you can test drive.

0 Kudos

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Paul,

Unfortunately this is not fully supported under LTIB.

My suggestion would be to move to the Yocto Proyect, which Freescale adopted and will continue with it, leaving LTIB behind.

You can find more information (along with training and a build made) in the following post:

i.MX Yocto Project: Frequently Asked Questions

0 Kudos