Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiler Errors are not shown in Problems View

Jump to solution
CorderBollie
Contributor II

Hi all.

When I choose 'Build seletected file(s)' from the menu of a file in a project (which is set up to use an external builder) the file is compiled, however the errors and warnings do not show up in the problems view and are also not clickable in the console output window.

It only works if I build the entire project. Using CW10.3

Anybody knows why?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The compiler is reporting errors (you can check the "Console" view after building). The errors reported in the “Console” view are taken by IDE, parsed and displayed in the "Problems" view.

It seems that the project that is reporting fewer errors has disabled the Error Parsers for Metrowerks tools.

If you enable these in the

Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Error Parsers tab, by checking the

Metrowerks Error Parser

Metrowerks Front End Error Parser

you will see all the errors reported by the compiler (which are more than on the other project).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The compiler is reporting errors (you can check the "Console" view after building). The errors reported in the “Console” view are taken by IDE, parsed and displayed in the "Problems" view.

It seems that the project that is reporting fewer errors has disabled the Error Parsers for Metrowerks tools.

If you enable these in the

Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Error Parsers tab, by checking the

Metrowerks Error Parser

Metrowerks Front End Error Parser

you will see all the errors reported by the compiler (which are more than on the other project).

0 Kudos
CorderBollie
Contributor II

Sorry, but the question is not answered by now.

Error parser is not working when building a single file of a project.

0 Kudos
CorderBollie
Contributor II

Thank you for your response.

Error Parsers are setup correctly in the project.

I only have one project open and the error view only shows the compiler messages correctly when I do a complete build of the project. In that case the compiler messages are also clickable in the build console view.

When I compile a single file (via Menu->Build selected files(s)) the compiler output is not parsed and compiler messages do not show up in the problem view and the messages are not clickable in the build console view.

Is there a solution for that problem?

0 Kudos
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The file select is a different process than running make , the error parsers didn’t process the console outputs.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
CorderBollie
Contributor II

Sure, that is the problem but how can I change that behaviour?

0 Kudos