cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profiling with MPC560P

johanneskuhn
Contributor I

Hello,

I have been reading various Documentations, and I still dont know whether Profiling Code on the MPC560P ( in my speacial case MPC560P4) is possible with CW 10.4. From what I read it seems possible/easy, but it is not working like explained in the Microcontrollers V10.x Profiling and Analysis Users Guide.

Surely someone here is able to help me with that information. And maybe you can point me to some useful documantation?

If it is not possible with 10.4 is it possible with the Classic version (2.10)? Is there an easy way of getting the elf- binary + the needed Debuging information into the Profiler in 2.10?

Thank you very much for your input...

Johannes Kuhn

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Johannes,

Unfortunately CodeWarrior for MCU 10.x  does not support code profiling for e200.

CodeWarrior Classic 2.10 includes some profiling libraries but it's rather residue from other old PowerPC cores (PowerQUICC III).

There are some 3-rd party tools e.g. Lauterbach TRACE32 that supports code tracing/profiling.

Regards,

Stanislav

johanneskuhn
Contributor I

Hi Stanislav,

thank you for the reply. I will look at the 3rd party tools. Profiling right now is nothing we really badly need but it surely could help a lot...

Regards

Johannes

0 Kudos