cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need NTSC capture to IMX6

maximpodberezni
Contributor III

Hi!

I need to capture NTSC or PAL signals to a IMX6 based system. I can see people use TI TVP5158 chips but have no clue how to interface this IC to a IMX6 processor. Are there any schematic examples for it?

Any help is appreciated!

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
3 Replies

ed_nash
Contributor III

Hi Maxim-

I've done some similar things that you might find helpful:

I've implemented a 5151 (I think it's a single chanell version of the 5158 - or similar) - but on a TI processor. Basically, you control it with I2C and it's ouytput is just like a CMOS camera which means you need:

1. to connect the output of the 5158 to the sensor (CSI0) port of the MX6.

2. a  driver for the encode chip

The V4L2 subsytem will do the job of hooking them up internally.

TI probably has an eval board for the chip with headers, so you can develop this on a MX6 dev kit such as the saber lite.

I'm doing a camera project on the MX6 now but with an Aptina camera, not a decoder.

Hope this helps.

Ed

0 Kudos

maximpodberezni
Contributor III

Hi Ed!

Thanks for the answer!

Yes, I understand that CSI0 can be used to interface to the 5158 but CSI0 holds only CSI0_DAT4-DAT19 in the NVCC_CSI power domain, while the rest CSI0_DAT0-DAT3 are multiplexed with EIM_D27-D31 pins which are in the NVCC_EIM0 power domain. As I understand these power domains can be different and then how to connect a video decoder? Next question: if you look at a Sabre Lite schematic there are only CSI0_DATA8-DATA19 which are routed to a connector for external cameras. Should it be a data shift in the captured data or what?

If any one could share a working schematic with imx6..

0 Kudos

ed_nash
Contributor III

The IPU ignores the low order bits based on the data width it is confiugred for. As I read it, the 5158 A/D is only 10 bit resolution . I dont know about the channel muxing.

Ed