So here's a few issues I can't seem to find the solution to for Codewarrior 10, specifically 10.4 professional for MCUs. I'm coming from Codewarrior 7.1 and it seems that some of the basic conveniences are lost.
1. Is it possible to automatically switch back to the previous perspective after terminate the debug connection? This is kind of a hassle to have to manually switch perspectives when I'm finished debugging.
2. Is there a way to set it so that when I hit a breakpoint during debugging the debug pane goes straight to where that breakpoint occured? I'm developing a program based on MQX 3.8 and there's about a dozen threads running on it. Whenever I hit a breakpoint I have to scroll through the list of threads and their stacks to find out which one it is.
3. Also on the topic of debugging, every time I step through code everything in the debug stack refreshes. Is there something I can do about this? It means that every step takes about a second to execute.
4. Only the unsigned char data type is formatted by the debugger as a string. Is there a way to changed that to recognize the char datatype also?
5. In Codewarrior 7.1 you could right click on a variable in the code while debugging and there was an option to view the variable and also an option to view memory. Codewarrior 10 doesn't seem to have that option. I can view the memory of variables in the variable list but if it's a global variable I have to first add it to the variable list and then view the memory from there. Is there an easier way?
thanks in advance