MC9S08DZ32 using full range of internal EEPROM with Processor Expert.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S08DZ32 using full range of internal EEPROM with Processor Expert.

Jump to solution
tomaszzajkowski
Contributor I

Hello. I've been using MC9S08DZ32 with CW 10.3. The data sheet says that this MCU has 1024 bytes of EEPROM mapped between 0x1600 and 0x17FF. Only one half of the EEPROM is accesible at a time and the currently used half could be switched with EPGSEL bit in the FCNFG register. Actually I can not find any methods or configuration dialogs in Processor Expert that would let me switch / use the whole EEPROM array. Do I have to modify the EPGSEL bit in FCNFG manually, or am I missing something?

Cheers.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Joel69003
Contributor IV

Hi Tomasz,

Yes, you will have to switch manually.

@Jun : this is only the initial value of EPGSEL that you are setting ! During the execution, you have to know in which page you want to read/write data and set the right EPGSEL value.

I recommend to write some specific functions to read/write in the EEPROM, in which you will set the EPGSEL correctly.

Regards,

Joel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Joel69003
Contributor IV

Hi Tomasz,

Yes, you will have to switch manually.

@Jun : this is only the initial value of EPGSEL that you are setting ! During the execution, you have to know in which page you want to read/write data and set the right EPGSEL value.

I recommend to write some specific functions to read/write in the EEPROM, in which you will set the EPGSEL correctly.

Regards,

Joel

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi.

I just created a new project and i can inital EEPROM page and set byte page.

untitled.JPG

this setting will EPGSEL.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos