cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory access using debugger

Jump to solution
jagat
Contributor I

I am working with P1022 processor with  codewarrior 10.3.

While accessing the memory range of 0x80000000 to 0xDFFFFFFF , it displays only question marks (????????).

What is the meaning of these question marks ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
hwrobel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you just get “??” marks, then the memory map access transaction could not complete correctly on the transaction level, so there is no data to report back.

If the access should succeed then the typical cause is bad mapping of such a memory area in local access windows so that no one to respond can be reached with the read access.

Note that waiting for such transactions can take time, depending on system configuration. So it is better for effective debugging to either have a fully mapped system, or to consider using CodeWarrior memory configuration files to tell the debugger which memory areas are “off limits”.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hwrobel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you just get “??” marks, then the memory map access transaction could not complete correctly on the transaction level, so there is no data to report back.

If the access should succeed then the typical cause is bad mapping of such a memory area in local access windows so that no one to respond can be reached with the read access.

Note that waiting for such transactions can take time, depending on system configuration. So it is better for effective debugging to either have a fully mapped system, or to consider using CodeWarrior memory configuration files to tell the debugger which memory areas are “off limits”.

0 Kudos
jagat
Contributor I

I have checked with memory configuration file and it is working fine.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jagat
Contributor I

Thanks for your quick response.

I will use the CodeWarrior memory configuration file and update you.

0 Kudos