Thomas Dowad

FRDM-KL25Z comes up as Bootloader when reset _not_ pressed

Discussion created by Thomas Dowad on May 4, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2013 by Erich Styger

Hello all

I am in the mood for a good gripe right now as I am old school and I expect embedded stuff to work. I got used to Windows stuff not working a long time ago, and so bailed on Windows application programming around '99, not being able to tolerate any more buggy MS crap platform.

It's unfortunate that OpenSDA does not work with my Mac. Given that this Macbook Pro is the most reliable computer I have owned. Very sad indeed to be forced to buy a Windows 8 computer in order to do embedded work. Windows 7 seemed fine to me, MS has been extremely rude in crippling Windows 8 with the ridiculous Metro interface.

Anyway -- thanks for listening. Back to the issue.

I don't know if this bug is Windows 8, or OpenSDA. For all I know it will disappear next time I plug the Freedom board in. The Freedom board was behaving as advertised, press reset and it's BOOTLOADER, and don't press it and it is not. Then I updated the OpenSDA firmware to the latest version (got it just now at the P&E Micro site). Then when I plugged the Freedom board USB cable in, whether or not reset was pressed, it came up as bootloader. LED flashing as expected when in bootloader mode.

Is it PE Micro's new version? Or Windows 8 doing something clever?

Thanks

Tom

Outcomes