56F8013, Working with Peripheral Module Registers in "C"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

56F8013, Working with Peripheral Module Registers in "C"

rmerwin
Contributor I
I'm using CodeWarrior 56800E 8.1 (CodeWarrior 56800/E Hybrid Controllers version 7.1).   I'm trying to use "C" bit fields to access peripheral registers in a 58F8013.

The CodeWarrior Help System -> Targeting 56800E -> C for DSP56800E -> Working with Peripheral Module Registers section says that the compiler generates byte references for bit fields, and:

"The use of byte accesses is due to a compiler optimization that tries to generate the smallest possible memory access."

The code generated for bit field does generate byte accesses to the peripheral registers, which doesn't work.

I've searched various forums and groups and haven't seen anyone describing a work around, and I'm not a fan of Processor Expert's method of using one of several different macros for each bit operation.

Does anyone know if there's a compile option/switch, or maybe section definition option, that tells the compiler to not "help" in this manner?

Ralph

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the time that it has taken us to get back to you on this question.
I don't know if the problem is still open or not.
If you are awaiting an answer can I suggest to report this request directly to the Tech-Support team.

For Technical Support Issues please use Freescale on line support web page.
- Go to following URL: http://www.freescale.com/TechSupport

- Click on Submit a Service Request. You will come to a login page.
- You can submit your request through the web from there.

Else sent an email to support@freescale.com.

Regards
Pascal 
0 Kudos