cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL25Z128VLH4 Programming Error

mithunp_s
Contributor III

Hi I'm a DFAE,

One of my customer has made target board using KL25Z128VLH4 (64pin), but they'r facing connection error problem while programming.

I've attached the schematic please help as soon as possible, the project is in critical stage.

Regards

Mithun

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Mithun, how is the project going? Let us know please! :smileywink:

Regards.

0 Kudos

mithunp_s
Contributor III

Hi Monica and all,

Still the issue is there, I Guess when we create a bare board project selecting MKL25Z128 device I’m not sure which package it selects automatically.

We are using 64 pin device MKL25Z128VLH4 in our project, I guess this might the issue, can you help how to select specifically this part.

Rgds

Mithun

0 Kudos

apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

Here is a link to Erich Styger's blog, in it you will find a detailed step by step guide on how to change the target package:

Changing the CPU with Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse

apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

Hi Mithun, make sure you keep the RST level low throughout the whole programming process, as Roger suggested make sure your power supply show the correct levels.

By the way I noticed you connected the reset signal to Pin 15, which package are you using? according to the RM, the RST signal should be connected to pin: 42 / 34 / 26 / 19 depending on the package.

JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Since the schematic says "multilink" on it, and it shows Port B, good chance that's the tool he is using.

That's pin 15 of the P&E Connector. It goes to pin 34 of the MCU, according to the schematic, which as I said looks correct.

If you look at the tech ref of the Multuilink Universal, you will see that Port B, "Kinetis" pin 15 is indeed reset.

I have personally never had a problem with a P&E un-securing a device, bit I suppose it could happen.

He has no control of the RST as the P&E BDM drives that low, so you will have to explain what you mean by "make sure you keep it low".

Again, recommend you contact P&E tech support.

0 Kudos

rogerzhong
Contributor III

Which tool is used for programming the MKL25 part?

Some suggestion for you,

1. Check the level on RESET, VCC pin after powered-on, and check the signal wires linked between emulator and the target MCU.

2. Check if the MKL25 part has been secured or not?

0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III

Recommend you run this by P&E tech support. On the surface it looks right.

0 Kudos