Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem programming srec on FRDM board

Jump to solution
hiteshpatel
Contributor I

Hello All,

I have the FRDM-KL25Z and have successfully developed and can download and run my application via the debugger

(I have version 10.3 of Code Warrior).

Now, I want to flash it on the device via the MSD flash interface (ie drag and drop  to USB file in explorer)

unfortunately I am having problems making it work. I can see the programming led on the board flashing but my app

does not execute (I have a flashing LED which does not flash). However, if I take one of the precompiled applications

I downloaded from the Freedom Board page I don't have a problem. Does the application need to be developed in a certain

way, in terms of compiler settings etc? The puzzling thing is that I did get it to work one time after I had loaded

one of the precompiled applications, but power cycling the board made the board loose the code. This does not

happen with the precompiled applications. Ideas?

Also note that in order to convert my ELF to SREC I had to use arm-non-eabi-objcopy as there was no way to do it from

the settings page as some other forum postings have suggested (there is no option in the linker selection for "generate SREC").

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Patel,

Maybe something is going wrong with the way you create the S19 file?

You can directly generate the S19, see S-Record Generation with gcc for ARM/Kinetis | MCU on Eclipse

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Patel,

Maybe something is going wrong with the way you create the S19 file?

You can directly generate the S19, see S-Record Generation with gcc for ARM/Kinetis | MCU on Eclipse

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
hiteshpatel
Contributor I

I tried it and the srec file generated using your method and the one I used are identical. However, once I had determined that the srec as not the issue I started looking elsewhere as a possible problem and found that there was some uninitialized variables that the debugger was taking care of but not so during actual run hence the failure to see the heartbeat LED. Once I fixed this all was well.

Thanks.

Hitesh

0 Kudos
GuadalupeEscoto
Contributor I

Hi Patel, I am facing the same problem you had. I am using the same tools and I can not make my LED blink.

Could you share where did you find the problem?

Thank you

Escoto

0 Kudos
hiteshpatel
Contributor I

Erich,

Thanks for your input. I will try it and post my findings.

Hitesh

0 Kudos