Application freezes after a second or two when using FNET bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application freezes after a second or two when using FNET bootloader

njk909
Contributor II

I am running the HTTP server demo on my 52259EVB.  It runs fine by itself.  I am trying to add an ethernet bootloader (FNET).  I am able to start the TFTP server on FNET and then push my .S19 image of the web server onto the bootloader.  The transfer is successfull, and when I restart the board I see the web server application start (I see all my printf statements on the webserver app).  I added a loop that puts a print statement out every second and it just stops after 2 or 3 times through the loop.  I have plenty or room left in ROM, so it shouldn't have any issue with space...

I made the .lcf mods that are described to change memory start to 0xC000, etc...

It seems that the application starts and then just freezes after a few seconds.  It runs fine when loaded onto the board by itself without the bootloader.

Any ideas why?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

butok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can try to check if the MQX application sets its vector table properly (copies it to RAM and updates VBR).

It is only guessing (as I personally do not run the bootloader with MQX).

BTW:

I suggest to add a Service Request - "official support of MQX+FNET Bootloader” to:

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/servicerequest.create_SR.framework

At least, it should be part of MQX test process.

Thanks,

Andrey Butok

0 Kudos