cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Boot loader AN4368- k60 Twr, cw10.3, mqx 3.8.1, fails on sp & pc cntr load

Jump to solution
Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

I have the latest code from the forum for cw10.2 & an4368, that compiles without errors for the k60 tower board.

I was unsure of the correct processor type, so I created a debug configuration for both the k60N512Z, and k60N512MLV10; we get the same failure on both. (I looked but I can't see the difference between these two processors). I rebuilt all the mqx libraries, bsp, psp, mfs, usb for the mqx k60 tower project

The code runs to the point where the stack and pc counter are loaded. The stack and pc counter always loads as 0xffffffff. The switch value on PTA19 is correct at 0x80000.

New_sp  = IMAGE_ADDR[0];

New_pc  = IMAGE_ADDR[1];

When the sp, and pc are loaded from here they are always 0xffffffff. So I thought that there must be something wrong with the build, or something is not set up correctly. I followed the app note but without success. I also tried where someone on the forum turned off the USB peripheral clock, but no luck.

The PE terminal program is running on Win 7, sp1 and is version 2.05, the latest that PE has. The port will open but nothing is printed on the screen. All the jumpers are on the board as per the appnote.

The .mem file is what was in the base project.

KEEP_SECTION { .vectortable }

KEEP_SECTION { .cfmconfig }

MEMORY {

interrupts  (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x00000000, LENGTH = 0x000001E0

code        (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x00000410, LENGTH = 0x0007FBF0

data14000000 (RW) : ORIGIN = 0x14000000, LENGTH = 0x00001000

data        (RW) : ORIGIN = 0x1FFF0000, LENGTH = 0x00020000

cfmprotrom  (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x00000400, LENGTH = 0x00000400

}

I can see where everyone on the forum seems to get this to work out of the box, so I am not sure of the error I am making. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Robert

SECTIONS {

# Heap and Stack sizes definition

__heap_size = 0x6000;

___stack_size = 0x2000;

Labels (1)
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

My answer on other post helps to setup the printf() to be used on the TWR-SER card.

Reference post:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/301339

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I assume only the bootloader application is in the flash, and you would like to enter bootloader mode to bootload your MQX based application ? If so, it seems like the bootloader mode is not active. Can you try to keep the SW1 button pressed and reset the board ? I think the bootloader application should enter the code where it checks for USB memory stick attach, not the "Jump to user vector entry" code, as there is none at the moment.

0 Kudos
Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

yes, that is correct. I did try as you suggested, reset, hold down the sw1 switch. The program executes the function SwitchMode(), which checks the pc and sp. This is where it is failing; it loads 0xF...F into these registers.

I hit the main rtn ok, in SwitchMode, the pc and sp get loaded from here

New_sp  = IMAGE_ADDR[0];

New_pc  = IMAGE_ADDR[1];

These are 0xF...F.

This is where it goes wrong. I can see it picking up the switch ok.

temp =(uint_32) ((1<<19) & GPIOA_PDIR);               /* DES READ SW1 of TWK60 */

This comes back as

temp0x800000x1fff96e8

Thanks for replying

Robert

void main()

{

/* Body */

USB_STATUS           status = USB_OK;

_usb_host_handle     host_handle;

uint_32 i;

/* Initialize the current platform. Call for the _bsp_platform_init which is specific to each processor family */

_bsp_platform_init();

GPIO_Init();

/* Protect bootloader area (sector 0 to sector 3)*/

#ifdef  __MCF52259_H__

#ifdef __DEBUG__

MCF_CFM_CFMPROT = 0x0F;

#else

MCF_CFM_CFMPROT = 0x07;

#endif

#elif defined(MCU_MK60N512VMD100)

FTFL_FPROT3 = 0xF0;   

#endif /* End __MCF52259_H__ */

#ifdef __DEBUG__

sci1_init();

#endif

for(i=0;i<=2000;i++);

Switch_mode();                /* check for bootloader mode */

TimerInit();

POLL_init();                  /* Init polling global variable */

0 Kudos
Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think it is correct that it reads all 0xFFs as the flash is blank at these addresses.

In case the bootloader mode should be active, the Switch_mode() function returns back to the caller:

if(temp)

{

if((New_sp != 0xffffffff)&&(New_pc != 0xffffffff))

{

/* jump to user application */

}

}

By the way, by looking into TWRK60N512 schematic, if SW1 button is pressed, it reads back 0, not 1, as the button connects GND to the MCU input. So you may also want to connect a scope on the signal and see if it really goes low when the button is pressed.

Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

I cannot get the terminal program working so I have break pointed through the code.

I see what you mean about the sp and pc not having a valid flash address and as you pointed out it is because we have to flash the code first; that was not happening. I traced the code through and the next thing that should happen is to attach the USB device. I saw it do it once and go into the bootinit() function. But I had the image name wrong, however I could see the file system working. That only lasted once, I corrected the name and it has failed every time since to attach the USB; so it never gets to bootinit(). The device is registered successfully according to the return status. Then it goes into the polling routine waiting for the usb status to be attached but that never happens. The interrupts were turned on after the usb device handler registration, but I still do not detect an event. So the system just sits in a loop waiting for the usb to be attached. I have removed and installed the usb flash drive, but nothing happens.

I also tried powering off and on, reload and run to the breakpoints. I have a breakpoint set at the callback

void usb_host_mass_device_event

It never gets here.

Thank you.

Robert

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

My answer on other post helps to setup the printf() to be used on the TWR-SER card.

Reference post:

https://community.freescale.com/thread/301339

Regards,

David

0 Kudos