Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Warrior 10.2 Build bug

Jump to solution
Jep
Contributor I

Hello again.

Quick question here concerning the build operation .. hopefully someone can provide an answer.

I write code with Code Warrior 10.2 in Assembler with absolute.

So I have two source files a Main.asm and MCUinit.inc include.

I have this problem .. IF I alter the MCUinit code and then build the code CW doesnt build the new code with the MCUinit changes included.

I have to edit the main.asm and I usually just create an error by adding a letter to the end of a variable and then perform a build.

CW flags the error and I simply delete the added letter and rebuild .. Then it rebuilds and includes the changes made to the MCUinit.inc file.

I know this is not huge but it is sometime annoying and I just thought I would see if anyone has any advise.

Thanks in advance

Jeff Kopittke

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the thing is: the assembler does not produce a list of include dependencies for the make utility (the C/C++ compiler does).

As such, the make file has no dependency to the .inc file, just to the .asm source file:

# Tool invocations

abs.obj: $(ASM_SRCS)

So with this, the make does not realize that changing the .inc needs to assembly the main.asm.

Several 'solutions':

- 'touch' the main.asm file: you do not need to add an error: simply makes sure it gets a file date newer than the object file

- do a Project > Clean with a build

- Alternatively you can create make targets 'clean' and 'all' in the Make Targets View. Details in the link below.

- create your own make file: this might be helpful: Make my Make with Eclipse and MCU10 | MCU on Eclipse

Hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jep
Contributor I

Thank you for taking the time to answer Erich .. I will try the touch method

Regards

Jeff Kopittke

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the thing is: the assembler does not produce a list of include dependencies for the make utility (the C/C++ compiler does).

As such, the make file has no dependency to the .inc file, just to the .asm source file:

# Tool invocations

abs.obj: $(ASM_SRCS)

So with this, the make does not realize that changing the .inc needs to assembly the main.asm.

Several 'solutions':

- 'touch' the main.asm file: you do not need to add an error: simply makes sure it gets a file date newer than the object file

- do a Project > Clean with a build

- Alternatively you can create make targets 'clean' and 'all' in the Make Targets View. Details in the link below.

- create your own make file: this might be helpful: Make my Make with Eclipse and MCU10 | MCU on Eclipse

Hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos