cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's can I develop with5329EVB and Freescale LTIB

guilig
Contributor II
Hi all,

I have a simple question, I have purchased an I evaluate an 5329EVB with Ltib by Freescale, so I want just know if I can program some programs with IRQ handler, pipe and vfork for example, because it seems that the header file for 5329 is not include, Have I to purchase anoter program like CodeWarrior to get all files ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

obidon
Contributor III
LTIB works very well. We purchased the CodeWarrior Linux Platform Edition 2.2 (now upgraded to 2.3) and I use it for some application development because of the editor and debugging features. For device driver and kernel development I am using LTIB. They both use the same compiler GCC 4.1. CodeWarrior has a Linux application debugger MetroTrk. However, I have also started looking into the GCC debugger GDB and it looks like it is very powerful. It may also be possible to use the free Eclipse IDE and integrate this with GDB for remote debugging. I have started looking into this.

obidon

0 Kudos

JWW
Contributor V
Guilig,

You shouldn't have to purchase anything, and Codewarrior is not required.
You could download the latest BSP from our website.  I know a new one will come out later this summer with some more functionality, etc...  But the current one is more than capable of doing application development.

The link to get the latest "offered" BSP..  :smileywink:
is:  www.freescale.com/linux

This gives you the main landing page for Freescale linux solutions (including third party links).

You can find the Coldfire BSPs by clicking on the left nav bar and selecting "Linux Software and Tools" then "BSPs for Coldfire."

The direct link is:  Coldfire_Linux

Hope this helps.

-JWW

0 Kudos