MicroC/OS-II operating system install question.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MicroC/OS-II operating system install question.

schmighty
Contributor I
Hi all,

What directory do I add Labrosse's or Micrium's uCOS source files (OS_TASK.c, OS_SEM.c, etc...) utilized by the ProcessExpert's MicroC_OS_II bean? I'm using Codewarrior 8 and the ARCHIVED - Embedded SDK (Software Development Kit) Programmer's Guide  doesn't seem to address the bean.

Thanks,

Schmighty
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

schmighty
Contributor I
Note to self:

Just dump all of the OS_xxxx files into my project directory.
Also, when following the uCOS bean's "Typical Usage" code, I need to add a OSTimeDly( myDelayTime ) in the while(1) loop of the PE_SystemTask(), so that PE_SystemTask() can relenquish control and allow the UserTask() to run.

Also, according to Labrosse's book, the ticker interrupts must be enabled AFTER the call to OSStart(), so set the PE supplied timer bean (TimerInt) "Enabled in init. code" to "No" on the timer bean's page. I then enable it in the PE_SystemTask() function before the while(1) with uCOS1_EnableTicker(). (It also seemed to work with the PE generated code that enables the timer before the OSStart() call, so...?)

Anyway, the example seems to work for me with uCos-Version 2.52.
0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi,
The SDK has been replaced by Processor Expert since DSP 6.X.
There is a bean supporting the Micro C OS.
Extract of the help:
Bean MicroC_OS for II
Operating system MicroC/OS-II
This bean allows support of the MicroC/OS-II operating system in user applications. For the proper operation you need to have OS sources. These sources are not distributed with Processor Expert. For more information about MicroC/OS-II see www.micrium.com. The bean provides OS configuration (file OS_CFG.H) according to the appropriate properties setting. For the proper OS timing the system timer property has to be set. Selected value (timer period) depends on user application. Typical value is about 1-10ms.

Current supported OS version: 2.76

Regards
Pascal

0 Kudos