cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Realview tools with i.MX50

DilipMannil
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to get JTAG debug setup working on mx50 EVK using Realview tools(RVDS+RVICE+ARM WB). Followed the steps in IMX50SDG.pdf to setup JTAG scan chain manually and it works. I am able to view ARM registers and initialize the DDR using the .inc file generated using MX508_DDR2_register_programming_aid_v0.5.xlsx. Now, tried compiling a sample program using ARM WB and tried loading the.axf image using RVD on to target. But the target raises an exception due to invalid memory access. Looks like there is some issue with the linker commands. Does anyone know how to write linker/scatter loading file for armlink or is there a ld file available already for i.MX50 for this toolchain?

Regards,

Dilip

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

DilipMannil
Contributor I

Thanks Nicolas...

0 Kudos

NicolasIzquierd
Contributor III

Hi Dilip..

Assuming that you already setup the INC file into your realview debbuger of your DDR and the imx50 knows exactly your configuration, this link will help you a lot.

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.dui0474c/DUI0474C_using_the_arm_linker.pdf

in the page 37 you will find how to allocate your program into the ddr, in your case the, if everything is ok with your ddr, you may use --ro-base=0x70000000 --rw_base=0x70001000 just to leave some room for the code.

you can try using the internal ram in case that your DDR is not fully configured.

best regards

-ni

0 Kudos

DilipMannil
Contributor I

Hi Nicolas,

I don't know to set these variables properly. By default it is trying to execute from 0x8000 or so. On my board I have DDR mounted on CS0(0x70000000). What values can I give give to RO Base (--ro-base=) & RW Base (--rw-base=) for the executable to load and run from DDR?

0 Kudos

NicolasIzquierd
Contributor III

HI Dilip

Have you tried first to use the parameters RO Base (--ro-base=) & RW Base (--rw-base=) of the ARM Linker? 

nicolas

0 Kudos