How to access the ColdFire debug control registers  through the BDM port in CodeWarrior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access the ColdFire debug control registers  through the BDM port in CodeWarrior

Tang
Contributor I
As we know, the ColdFire debug control registers can be written by the external development system or the CPU core through the WDEBUG instruction.
Do anyone konws how to access the debug control registers  through the BDM port in CodeWarrior.
Thanks..
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Tang
Contributor I
OK, thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi Tang,

one workaround/solution for you may be...

One additional line in the configuration file (for example MCF5475EVB_Console.cfg) should do the job. It will configure the debug module's CSR register to let executing HALT in user-mode:

writedebugreg 0x0 0x00000400

Hope this helps...
Regards

0 Kudos

Tang
Contributor I
Hi Voxan,

Thank you very much!
It works!

0 Kudos

Tang
Contributor I
Thanks for the reply.

We debug the MCF5282 in codewarrior6.3, now we get a problem,when running the RAM program,in user mode code (the S bit in SR is 0),we set the software breakpoint,it occur "Privilege violation"exception. Maybe because HALT instruction is supervisor opcode by default.

The MCF5282UM tell us that  CSR[UHE] bit is intended to make Halt instruction available also in user mode.
I did a many tests  with WDEBUG instruction in CodeWarrior with USB Coldfire Multilink BDM. But it does not work correctly,so I'd like to know how to access the CSR through the BDM port in CodeWarrior.

0 Kudos

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi Tang,

I see... unofrtunately this is not possible in the current version of the tools.
Your next step should be to contact our support line at

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/homepage.jsp?nodeId=054670

and click on the "Submit a Service Request", you will have to be registered at Freescale, if not the case yet.

Please report a defect on the WDEBUG instruction not working properly
and/or
a Freature Request to get access to the CSR register from the CodeWarrior debugger register window.

Hope this helps...

Regards
0 Kudos

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi Tang,

this access is not permited in the current version...
What are you try to achive that would require to to get acces to those registers, BTW??
Is using the debugger GUI not enough for what you wanna do??

Regards

0 Kudos